cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping and Dynamic Value Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please give a example for Value Mapping and Dynamic Value Mapping?

Regards

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is only Value mapping Sara. There is no Dynamic Value mapping. Check this weblogs on this:

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2006/10/23/accessing-value-mapping-defined-in-directory-using-java-functions

Also there is a video presentation on this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/webcontent/uuid/110ff05d-0501-0010-a19d-958247c9f798#xi [original link is broken]

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the information.

Main intention to raise this thread is due to the below scenario doubt.

Scenario : Webservice - XI - JDBC

Depends on my webservice input request, I have to do the mapping and get the response back to webservice.

1. JDBC table contatins 6 columns.

2. If I pass the webservice request as 1 then I have to get only 2 columns as a response

3. If I pass the webservice request as 2 then I have to get only 4 columns as a response.

4. If I don't pass any request value then I have to get all the 6 columns as a response.

Is it possible with the mapping? If so, how to implement it?

Regards

Sara

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sara,

I am assuming that you are going to use the Receiver JDBC adapter to select the data from the database.

In this case, take a look at this blog of mine to understand how te dataypes should be created for the request and response JDBC Select Query.

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

The only difference would be that in the mapping when you create the Request Message for the JDBC adapter, the columns you create would be determined from the Source,

i.e, if value = 1 , only the required Columns should be mapped as Blank constants,

likewise for the other requirement.

the columns you do not want to select you should not create them in theoutput of your request mapping.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Value Mapping with the graphical mapping check this blog,

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sara,

There is nothing called Dynamic value mapping.

It is FixValues and ValueMapping under Conversion Functions.

Eg:

You need such a requirement. Where the values in the source are mapped to someother value in the target as below.

1--> Mr

2--> Mrs

3--> Ms

FixValues is used when you know the entire set of Key value pair in the Design Time. You give the Key and the value in the FixValues and the mapping checks and maps the values to the target.

In the case of Value mapping, you maintain this Key - Value pair in the Integration Directory and thereby make changes easily and also use them in the Mapping in IR.

Regards

Bhavesh