cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication problem between Adobe Form and WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following problem and am thankful for any help I can get from you in order to solve it:

I created an Adobe Form in WebDynpro. In both the WebDynpro as well as in the Adobe Form, I created a Submit Button (which I binded to the same method) as well as a text field (which I binded to the same context attribute). When I do changes in WebDynpro, everything works fine and the changes are displayed in the Adobe Form as well.

But when I do changes in the Adobe Form, these changes are not submitted. Also the Submit button in the Adobe Form is not working.

I send the project to a colleague and she could deploy and run my project without any problems. So I think it is a problem with my settings or installation. I already did a reinstallation of the NW Developer Studio as well as the Adobe Lifecycle Designer. But it did not help.

Did anyone have a similar problem or has a suggestions what else I could do?

Thanks in advance,

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggestion -> check out the Adobe reader version, ACF installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

can you please be more precise:

I have the latest Adobe Reader installed; do you suggest to downgrade?

And what shall I check concerning the ACF installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think your coleague must be using Reader 7.x. If not check this

I believe there are more posts related to it in Forum.

Hope these help.

Rgds,

Anto.

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

If the submit button doesn't do anything, it usually means there's something wrong with your client software.

Are you using NW04s or NW04? NW04 only supports ACF (Active Component Framework) forms, whereas NW04s also supports ZCI (Zero Client Installation) forms (there're different Submit buttons in Adobe LiveCycle Designer). Reader 7.0.9 should definitely work in all cases, but Reader 8.0 (and Reader 8.1, released yesterday) doesn't work properly with ACF forms (there's an SAP note on this subject).

To use ZCI forms, all you need is Adobe Reader at client side. To use ACF forms, you also need some other client software: either (the correct version!) SAP Active Component Framework (stand alone software that you can download from SAP Marketplace; it's part of some SAP note; search for xACF and select the correct version of the note). A better option is not to install xACF manually (uninstall it if present, using Control Panel > Add/Remove programs), but to use the ActiveX control instead (reinstall it in your case because of the problem you have). First kill the AcroRd32.exe process, if it is running. Then go to "C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files" and delete the file AdobeControl(s) (NW04) or AcfControls (something similar; NW04s) if present. Then access your form in your Web Dynpro application using IE (Firefox doesn't support ActiveX; the only option is to use ZCI forms with non-IE browsers). If all goes well, prior to displaying the form, IE should ask to install an ActiveX control (it will only be asked if you have sufficient privileges, that is belong to the local Administrators group).

Kind regards,

Sigiswald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Can you please tell me how you solved the problem? I am facing exactly the same issue. The RFC is updating the adobe interactive form (WD Java) successfully and the form comes prefilled with the values from the RFC.

But when I enter something in the form and click on the submit button (WebDynpro Java UI Element button.. not the adobe button!!), then the value entered in the form does not get passed on to the value attribute defined in the view context.

I have the following:

NW04s SP11

ADS NW04s SP11 P1

IE6 SP1

Win 2003 SP1

ACF - NW04s SP 13

NWDS - SP09

Thanks,

Shobhit

raeijpe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shobit, Thorsten

Please upgrade your client software (NWDS software) to the same release as your server software (NW04s SP11). This will provide you the newest supported Adobe Designer, which has UI controls for the ActiveX (ACF) solution and the Native (ZCI) solution.

You can check the use of the framework very easily, looking at the scripting behind the button. For the ZCI, it contains:

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");

In this case you must set the display type property to native.

If the scripting contains:

app.eval("event.target.SAPSubmit();");

Now you using the ACF solution and you must set the display type property to ActiveX.

Also be aware that Adobe Reader 8.0 doesn't support Interactive Forms except the ZCI solution for static forms (server-side rendering). For SAP Interactive forms you need minimal Adobe Reader 7.0.9.

Adobe Reader 7.0.9 and Adobe Reader 8.1 supports both solution.

For more info see:

Note 1036205 - ACF Support for Adobe Reader 8.1 in SAP Interactive Forms

Note 834573 - SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe: Acrobat/Reader version

Message was edited by:

Robert Eijpe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

I was able to solve the problem referring to the SAP Note Note 766191 (Active Component Framework Installation) by installing the xACF_NW04_SP21.exe alternatievely xACF_NW04s_SP13.exe.

I hope this helps for you as well,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I access SAP note 766191? Please advise. Thanks.

> Hi Shobhit,

>

> I was able to solve the problem referring to the SAP

> Note Note 766191 (Active Component Framework

> Installation) by installing the xACF_NW04_SP21.exe

> alternatievely xACF_NW04s_SP13.exe.

>

> I hope this helps for you as well,

> Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo,

I am also facing the same problem of "having no response on hitting a "Submit to Sap Button" on an Interactive Form. I saw the Forum that the issue was resolved by using xACF_NW04_SP21.exe alternatievely xACF_NW04s_SP13.exe from

SAP Note- 766191. I am unable to see these patches in the specified note.

I am using NW04's and SP16. and Activex is enabled in IE. Adobe Reader 8.0. I also the require the ACF which you specified?How else can i get those patches?

Can you please help me out in this?

Thanx and Regards,

Divya

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divya,

Since you are such a high patch and with NW7.0 its possible to develop ZCI Adobe forms. For that just select the displayType as native in your project.

And drag the Submit button from WD native library. I think you are using lower version of LiveCycle Designer and you will need minimum 7.1 to develop Interactive forms.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I have tried on NWDS 7.0.13. I am using xACF 11. And have dragged the Submit to sap button.. No action getting triggered. Can you please help in this regard. Which version of ACF is required. I am unable to see xACF 21 version and 13 version from sap market place.If u have this version can u please share it.or else where else can i download it.

Can you please help in this regard.

Regards

Divya

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divya,

I am sure that ACF files are not available for download now as I have seen people posting regarding its unavailability couple of times in Adobe forums.

But can you please answer my questions as to why don't you want to use new ZCI technology and what version of Designer you are using... I am NOT referring to NWDS version here....

When you Edit Interactive form it opens ALD and I would like to know its version as I think you are using low version.

Chintan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Please use Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0.x.

we are using version 7.0.1. its working fine.

if you are using version 7.0 or lesser things may not work.

regards,

-ag.