cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove context node function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I know the use of remove context node function. Even I have gone through couple of weblogs that are available on the sdn. But I would like to know.........whether remove context node function is mandatory in any case ?? I believe even we can directly map the source and target fields which are in different contexts. If it is the case ......if we can do it without remove context node function.......what is the importance of remove context node function ?? Is there any performance issue ......to use this node function ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

there are few standard functions who work on single level,like Sum,average etc.

now suppose u want to sum values which are at different levels,then u have to remove context to bring all of them to same level and then use these functions.

its just one example,u have numerous other uses of it

thanx

ahmad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi palnati

<i>if we can do it without remove context node</i>

---> Yes you can avoid remove context. This can be done by changing the context of source field to one parent above. This will collect all the source values in same context.

for example, consider following mapping

Amount -

> (removeContext)--

> sum--

> target field

will be same as

Amount(change context to parent of parent)--

>sum-----> target field.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI palanati,

When u want to collect all the particular nodes under root in a target irrespective of their different roots in the source,U use remove context.

Regards,

AshwinM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

use removeContext() to delete the parent context of an

element

compare to function “Explicit Context Selection”

SplitByValue() is the counterpart to removeContexts()

Use removeContext() to delete all the higher contexts for an element. This deletes all

higher hierarchy levels, so that all elements of the target queue are assigned to a root

element of the source queue.

Thanks