Did you mean: 

Acknowledgement File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two scenarios

1. SAP-> XI-> File outbound

2. File -> XI -> SAP Inbound

In these scenarios whenever data goes back to legacy system or to SAP acknowledgment mail needs to be sent that data has been sent successfully and if rejected then rejection file with records needs to be sent.

Option 1. Do I need to create seperate interface for the same and make interfaces as Asysnchronous.

Option 2: Can I acheive this in BPM by making the interface as Synchronous.

I guess wil be using Email adapter for sending emails? Can you provide more info for this.

Early reply will be appriciated.

Regards

Rinku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Option 1. Do I need to create seperate interface for the same and make interfaces as Asysnchronous.

I would strongly suggest against this option. Reason is you are talking about some activity that depends on another activity. BPM was introduced exactly to handle such scenarios. Go for a BPM.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rinku,

<i>Option 1. Do I need to create seperate interface for the same and make interfaces as Asysnchronous.</i>

This is a work around option. Here u could avoid BPM, so performance wise, this is a better option. If there are large number of messages that could create a BPM overhead, then this is the better option.

<i>

Option 2: Can I acheive this in BPM by making the interface as Synchronous.</i>

This option is SAP recommended when performance is not a key factor to be achieved.

So u may find any of the 2 useful in ur case based on ur requirements.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinku

Anyhow in both the options you have to use BPM, as when the message will be rejected you need to send the same payload in mail means you need to do the exception handling.

Also did you identify what can be the different reasons of "rejection" in your Legacy & SAP system.

In case of Application Error, you can simply send the response back as same payload & then fwd it to the Mail Adapter.

But in case of System Error you need to use the Alert Management ( with Dynamic Text ) & then you can send the data as a mail.

I would rather suggest you to identify some Key Field in your record, so in case of rejection you can just send that Key Field rather then the whole payload.

- Lalit -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

Can you give more details on Alert management.

Can I create one generic interface for acknowledgements and use in all the interfaces. And the strategy will be make that interface as SYNCHRONOUS Inbound and SYNCHRONOUS outbound . Also will have to use BPM.

Can you please elaborate how this would work.

Regards

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Alert Managment

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Weblogs ( you can find more weblogs on Alert Managment )

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

You can actually create the Generic Alert Category & create a rule on it on the basis sender/receiver interface, service & namespace. Just read about Alert Configuration in RWB for that.

Yeah that's a very nice approach to have one generic interface which you can use in other scenarios but then in this case I am not able to visualize how will I actually incorporate it in every scenario. As scenarios have different business system & they all have different way to return acknowledgements.

See your whole scenario needs different workflow, I would suggest you to break it up. Like deisgn Alert Mgt for System error first then, in SAP to Legacy check for application error & return the exception & payload via mail ..... etc

Then later on you can combine them all.

- lalit -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lalit,

I would have only one business system for 11 interfaces so I guess it won't be a problem and will send the key fields in file .

But I am really looking forward how would it work with BPM as I have never used the same.

And I guess making interface as Sysnchronous would be right choice.

regards

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rinku

In that case you can start with designing simple BPM scenarios so that you can understand the usage of different steps.

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

I can't comment whether Synchronous can be the right choice in your scenario, as one of the Business System in your case is Legacy, you need to identify how much time it will actually take to send the response back. It all depends how exactly you analyze the whole process. But yes it will be easy to manage if your scenario is synchronous.

- Lalit -

<i>**** Pls. provide points to comments which in either way helping you to move ahead with your problem. This way others who will take notice of this thread in future knows what to do & what not *****</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri,

Thanks for your reply. Which one is preferable and robust?

Regards

Hema

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Option 1. Do I need to create seperate interface for the same and make interfaces as Asysnchronous.

Option 2: Can I acheive this in BPM by making the interface as Synchronous.

In a both option we can handle it.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss