cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Handle Returns of Vendor Consigned Stock Issued via Delivery ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am currently able to issue Vendor Consigned Stock via Delivery. I use Lean Warehouse Management, and I have implemented Stock Determination Rule to take Vendor Consigned Stock and Unrestricted own stock in account during Issue. I am even able to insert the correct Vendor Number during the confirmation of the Transfer Order. When I generate the Goods Issue of the Delivery Order, I get an accounting document that affects both the Account Payable Liability and a Consumption Account.

Now My Question is this :

How do I handle Customer Complaints that lead to a Return of the Goods, back into Vendor Consigned Stock ? The goods that is returned, needs to be taken back into Vendor-Consigned Status, and a appropriate Accounting Document needs to be generated to reverse out the Acct Payable Liability and Consumption Account entries.

Do I use a Returns 'RE' Sales Order to bring back the Stock ? I need to be able to create a Return Delivery that will immediately post the returned Stock back into Vendor Consigned Status. So where and how can I key in the vendor number in the Return delivery, keeping in mind Return Delivery in Standard SAP does not use Warehouse Management ?

regards

Peo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edmund

I think you can try the following:

1. Define a new schedule line category - here you can define the movement type and the item category (as given in a Purchase Info Record). - Transaction VOV6

2. Define a new sales order type for returns. - Transaction VOV8

3. Define a new item category for the returns document, - you can mention the special stock type here too

4. Carry out the sales order to item category and item category to schedule line category assignments.

I am not sure if the system will prompt you to provide the vendor number or how does it populate the vendor no. while posting the material doc. However you can try this out and check if this solves your issue.

Reward points if you find this helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madduri.

Thanks for your fast feedback, however your answer still does not resolve my problem. Greatly appreciate it thou.

thank you very much,

Edmund