cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Communication Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there some way to test that the settings in Communication Channel work. I know we can check in Component Monitoring but do we have any other tool besides that. Just a thought.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonia,

U can use testing tool provided by SAP in the Integration directory>Tools>Test Scenario.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but that doesn't give me error in Communication Channel. In fact even if you sxmb_moni it shows chequered flags and also in message monitoring so the only place to check is component monitoring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>so the only place to check is component monitoring.

yeah,to tets ur communication channels u have to do a end to end scenario and look in adapter monitoring in RWB,sxmb_moni might give u chequered flag but u need to check in RWB too to make sure that the adapters are working fine

thanx

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sonia,

You need to understand that, communication channels other than IDoc and HTTP reside on Java Stack. SXMB_MONI shows what is happening on the ABAP stack. So if you want to test the communication sender channels, you can just try putting the file at the sending location and check Adaptor monitoring for any error. If you want to test the receiving side CC, you need to test the scenario end to end as far as I know.

VJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonia,

If you asking whether you the communicaiton channel you created will work or not then my answer is send the message and see if you have any errors in adapter monitoring. If everything is fine you will see success there. Then your CC is fine. Also whereever you see * in your communicaiton channel you have to fill them and they are mandatory.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

u can test design/configuration steps by using F7,other than that u wont be able to test the communication channel without actually sending the data.

thanx

ahmad