cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a billing plan after a delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a business process where we rent equipment to our customers. We do not want to bill until after the equipment has been delivered, so we would like to use delivery relevant billing for the item categories. We also need to be able to bill on a monthly basis. Using delivery relevant billing precludes the use of a billing plan. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can bill using a billing plan, but not until ALL items on the original sales document have been FULLY delivered?

All insights appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have addressed my issue by using billing relevance of order-related with billing plan. I then created a new copy requirements routine between the sales order and the billing, which checks to ensure the delivery status is 'complete'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

inaddition to my previous post:

Select the billing document type as <b>F2 </b> <i>( IMG->SD->Billing->Billing documents->define billing types)</i>

Billing Plan should be Periodic Billing(02) <i>IMG->SD->Billing->Billing Pln->Define Billing Plan Types)</i>

Copy control from LF Delivery

to F2 Invoice

deliveries allowed complete ONLY.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

Thank you for the response. I have addressed my issue by using billing relevance of order-related with billing plan. I then created a new copy requirements routine between the sales order and the billing, which checks to ensure the delivery status of the sales order is 'complete'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You could use F2- billing document type (delivery related billing), and allow ONLY complete delievries and use the usage indicator in the sales order as monthly.

please let me know if you have questions.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a billing plan on the sales order with all billing plan lines blocked for billing by default. Once delivery is complete, manually/automatically remove the billing block on the billing plan lines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keerthi,

Thank you for the response. I have addressed my issue by using billing relevance of order-related with billing plan. I then created a new copy requirements routine between the sales order and the billing, which checks to ensure the delivery status is 'complete'.