cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI 850 to R/3 scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

i m totally new in EDI,we are implementing an EDI850 to IDOC scenario whereine we will getting an EDI 850 document which has to be posted to R/3,we are planning to use seeburger for this.

now i have few questions:

1)how will i create the data type for the sender EDI message?

2)How will i do the message mapping between EDI and IDOC(i know seeburger

3)will the sender adapter be Seeburger EDI?once installed properly,will it be availabe in ID in the same way as we have other SAP standard adapters ?

4)Any specifc configuration to be done in SLD for the sender EDI message,i know the configurations for R/3.

has built in mappings,but can anyone explain this a bit more).

i have been through some documents on EDI but i m kinda confused with the design and configurations to be done on sender side

thanx

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

You dont need to create the datatype from scracth. If you are using the standard ones you will have XSDs for it. Just upload them and use it.

Also depends upon your EDI adapters if you are using the standard once you will have the builtin mapping also. You can directly use them.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx satish

also once the seeBurger adapter is properly installed,will i get them in ID directly do i need to access them some other way.

i have't done seeburger at all so have lots of questions.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Once when you install this in J2EE you will have its own software component in the IR. Its similar to our BASIS component. In that you will have all the metadata of the adapter.

In ID you will use like a standard adapter only.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Satish,

so basically after the installation i will get seeburgers own SWC and i will get the XSD too(for standard EDI's) and i can import the XSD as external def and use this and the inbuilt message mapping ,in ID i will get seeburger adapter as i get any other adapter like File/FTP etc and will use this .

is my understanding right?

also is it possible to create our own EDI documents,like we have ZBAPI etc and send this as a response once the EDI message is received successfully or we have standard EDI for that too?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct.

If you want the XSDs just download the content conversion from market place and install on your desktop. You have all the schemas once if you install.

Also check this document it may help you:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/818a20be-0601-0010-e3b8-ac3d5f97...

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Satish

regards

ahmad

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using the standard EDI adapters you will have the built in mapping by importing them we can achieve it.

As Satish mentioned Once you install the Seeburger Adapter metadat data will be in IR.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

am so sorry to bother u but uknow wat i got a req n i dunno how to do it i hve a interview tommorrow i will b really thank ful to you if you tell wat shuld i learn or how i face this as this client is like if i get slected i hve to start on monday n wiht work no time for id making or free time just work frm 1st day can u plzz help can ut hink i can do this

Here is the requirement for the florida project. They are focusing

heavily on the EDI messages

Functional SD/FI consultant with EDI

- Processing of inbound 850, 855, 820, 824, and outbound 810, 832,

850, 856, 857 EDI Messages within SAP

- Idoc processing

- Partner profile set up

- Sales order processing

- Invoice processing

- Price catalog processing

- Identifiy gaps and issues with EDI maps

- Determine SAP development requirements to support EDI processing

- Write functional specifications and test development in SAP for EDI

processing

- Assist with testing EDI with trading partners

thanks

priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

have a look at the following

thanx

ahmad

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

once you buy the adapter you should get lots of docs

start with

Seeburger Adapter Solution Guide

then

SEEBURGER BIC and SEEBURGER Classifier Configuration Guides

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Michal,but i want to have some rough idea about seeburger adapters,and those were the questions for which i couldn't find solution

thanx

ahamd