cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising error from Value Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are using value mapping for a particular field in our messages. The value mapping table does have entries for most of the entries.

Is there a way to raise an error - when the runtime gets a value that is not defined in the value mapping table?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes there is a way:

have a look at this blog (part - catch (ValueMappingException e) 😞

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2006/10/23/accessing-value-mapping-defined-in-directory-using-java-functions

is that what you need?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that would be a nice workaround. Was thinking something out of the box, provided by XI itself

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me also explain what we are trying to do. probably that will help in getting a better or easier solution.

we are using the value mapping mass replication, where in we get the whole translation table into the cache and use it in our application. This table is pushed from R/3 using a report/proxy.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/9d2891cc976549a9ad9f81e9b8db25/frameset.htm

I was worried that what will happen, if for some reason the cache is cleared during a restart or something. All the value mappings will fail - till the time the data is sourced again from the R/3 system - right? (we are currently having the R/3 proxy push the translation data every 12 hours or so, but was worried about the time in between).

Thanks.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

but it's out of the box - provided by XI

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>I was worried that what will happen, if for some reason the cache is cleared during a restart or something.

it's not a cache... it's a db entry so you cannot just delete it

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way to enforce it in the graphical mapping itself, instead of using a java mapping? I guess there is no such possibility.

Warm regards,

Venki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Thanks for your replies. It is good to know that those values are stored in DB and not in memory cache.

Also - what i meant with the value mapping exception being out of the box is - in our scenario, we are planning to use the 'value mapping' in the graphical mapping tool and get the mapped values from the cached table, and was expecting the mapping to have a provision to throw an exception when it doesnt find the key in the value mapping table.

Thanks.