cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason to configure diff documents types?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have couple of queries which i've posted in different threads to award points seperately.Firstly I need to know what are the different possibilities in which we need to configure a sales,delivery or billing doc types especially when most type of different possibilitiwes with docs are already defined in the standard SAP system.Like for standard order, consignments.SA'S,Contracts,rush order,cash sales etc they are alreadt predefined in standard SAP System.

I would be greatful if one can give me few situations where we need to configure sales,delivery and billing docs types.

Thanx in advance.

Points assured.

Email Id:- ashish_dhiman@yahoo.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

There can be various scenarios where you would need to deviate from the standard processes which have been mapped through the document types.

For example

1. Employee Purchase of an organization: Say in a FMCG company the employee sale needs to be handled in a differnt way ( in terms of pricing, delivery, credit block, etc)

2. Dealers: You would want to handle the sale to your dealers in a different manner. It will not be similar to the sale to end customer and wldnt be similar to customer consignment.

3. Returns through service stations: If you receive your return not directly through the end customers but through a service station which is not owned by the company, then the process is totally different.

Hence there are multiple scnarios which would require the Sales/deliver/Billing docs to be copied from the standard ones and hence need to be configured according to the requirement.

Pls award points if useful.

Reg

sachin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reason to configure different Document type:

1. It may be due to scenario being different. For Eg: In normal sales order, delivery is to be created separately, but in rush order, as immediate delivery is checked in sales document type, it will create delivery automatically.

2. It may be as per requirement of client to identify the type of sales. Say Sales Document Type OR meets the requirement for multiple scenario, but client wants to identify sale differently, so we require to provide client with different Sales Document type.

3. Incase, we want different sales process to have different pricing, we may require to create different sales Document type. We know that Document pricing procedure is one of the factors to differentiate pricing procedure.

4. There may be other difference in control of sales document type, such as: reference mandatory, credit check, different billing type's & so on ....

Hope this addresses your query.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

During blue print phase u will consider all the business requirements. most of the time sap meets the requirement. but there are situations where the business may not fit into sap and needs some extra customizing .. this is called the gap analysis...

thanks

madhan