cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illum Doc Column Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Being the perfectionist that we are, we accidentally mis-spelled a column name within the Illum Doc.... which in turn makes our output look a little funny with a mis-spelled column name.

We know that we can go into the TRX file itself and change it manually but, as Sam Castro knows about our BLS, it's not something we would really prefer to do because of it's size.

Is there an easy way to refactor the Illum Doc and have it propigate down to the consuming action blocks?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brian,

Of course manually editing the TRX file is highly discouraged, but if the column name is hard coded in the configure dialog for the IllumDoc action block the change should propogate to the underlying Row action quite easily and should only need a fix for the link target destination in the Row action. If the Row action doesn't pick up the change immediately, just go to its configure dialog and press OK so that it sniffs out the parent document changes.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what I am looking for is an Update button within the Configure Object of the Illuminator Doc. That way, I can rename this column within my object, hit Update, and it refactors our BLS with that click.

From what I can see there isnt a way to just rename this column with having to go down further into our BLS and changing things

I apologize if I am asking a dumb question - we havent been to any training classes or looked at manuals....we're just running with what we have picked up on our own and finding our mistakes as we go along.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You aren't missing anything - there is no column renaming in the document action. Add a new column, with the correct name this time , move it up next to the bad one, then delete the original one. Then the Row action, which has a snapshot of the columns already built into it will pick up the changes because of the object association. Once you reassign the link from the removed column to the newly added column you should be good to go. If the implications trickle further into other actions like calculated columns, etc. then it may take you a bit more time to refactor it.

Regards,

Jeremy