cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to edit application-j2ee-engine.xml in a webdynpro project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have what should be a simple question. How do you edit application-j2ee-engine.xml in a webdynpro project?

I read SAP help documents saying something about using the multipage editor from the J2EE perspective but I have a webdynpro project so it is not displayed in the J2EE perspective.

It's no use editing the file from the Navigator in the webdynpro perspective because the file is erased when I rebuild the project. The file is created when I create the archive.

Any hints would be much appreciated.

-Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tom, WD build plugin doesn`t support including of custom application-j2ee-engine.xml into ear. You can update ear file manually but you should be really careful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Switch to J2EE development perspective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But as I said in the message above, the project is not displayed in the J2EE perspective.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Tom, I see what you mean. It's below "_gen_wdp" folder, which contains generated stuff. Do you need to edit it? I wouldn't touch it. Changes probably get lost with the next rebuild.

But the comment in the documentation means the multipage editor J2EE perspective, for sure!

Regards,

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I would normally agree that the file should not be edited but I'm having a problem where periodically when the webdynpro application is started I get a "500 session time out" error.

I pasted a customer message to OSS regarding this and they responded saying that I need to change the default start-up mode from "lazy" to "aways" in this file. We responded saying that we don't know where this file is and they responded saying that this is now a "consulting question" and want us to engage their consulting services just to find out how to add a single line to a single file

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

this is for EJB and EAR projects in the J2EE perspective. There you have the multipage editor. Just double click the file and it will open in a proper editor.

Best regards,

ok