cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBGUI and OLE applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently working on BW 3.5 in association with some documents in KM.

I have developped a program which uses the following code to display the documents stored in KM:

CALL FUNCTION 'SKWV_KWUI_DOC_DISPLAY'

EXPORTING

phio = ls_skwf_io.

In this code <b>ls_skwf_io</b> contains the technical key of the documents in KM found in the table rsodphioma.

When I execute this program with SAPGUI, the correct applications are executed. So an .XLS document will be opened with Microsoft Excel, a PDF document with Adode Reader ... The mime links are respected to open the right applications. This works fine.

However, we must use the WEBGUI for the deployment. We want to provide to ours users a link like this one:

http://shprsabi.corp.local:8001/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?sap-client=002&sap-language=FR&~transactio...

The transaction code <b>zole_doc</b> executes the abap program. The report is well displayed. But this does not work when we select a document to display!!! It seems that a ITS/WEBGUI application can not call an OLE application.

The abap gives an error message KWUI 037. Oss notes found do not correct the situation even in the latest patch (20).

Can somebody help me?

Best regards,

Laurent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When using WebGui, you are sitting in a Browser watching HTML. You might imaging, that OLE functions cannot work in HTML, as HTML itself is platform independent, while OLE is not.

However, it should be possible for you to launch pdf's anyway, by providing a link, as the browser can link this via the file type ,which is a different functionality of course.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

I can not provide any link to the browser as the documents are stored in KM.

I only have the technical key for KM...

But thanks a lot for the infos.

Regards

Laurent

Answers (0)