cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TDMS (Test Data Migration System)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning to deploy TDMS in my ladscape for refereshing non production systems. Now I want to know whther I can install this application on VMWARE box as other SAP applications. What should be the HW sizing if I am going for VMware solution?

If I have other systems in my landscape whcih I want to use, which system should be considered? I stronly feel that it has to be a seperate system but any one of you did TDMS on an existing system in your landscape?

I also would like to know the application behavior during system refresh using TDMS. Provide em with some useful suggestions.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

TDMS needs 20GB of initial confguration. Quick sizer does not help in sizing TDMS server.

The data inside TDMS server consists of the dictionary [master, configuration, transactional tables] information of source and target system & rules for data conversion.. Hence sizing depends on number of source/target systems and the dictionary tables which needs to be copied.. On an average, 100-250 MB per every system can be considered.

Platform dependent TDMS release will be with TDMS 2007, due to released this year.. so TDMS on VMware should be available during this release..

It is recomended to install TDMS server on an independent WAS server. However you can install the TDMS on source system. Besides, the production and all those non-production systems should have TDMS add-on installed..

In most cases, the source system of TDMS will be Prod system.. With the current release of TDMS software, the read operation frm Production system does have a NEGLIGIBLE impact.. But with new TDMS software release [with cluster technology] there will be some CPU impact on source system.

Regards

Madhu

[Motivation is the key to provide creative solutions. And in SDN, awarding points is the only way to keep others motivated]

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

VMWare is not yet supported as a platform for SAP products.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

Can you advise how shoudl we size a TDMS??? Any questionnaire that we can collect necesssary infor to determine the hardware required.

Veiter Soo

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

sitzing is business of hardware partners. What you can do is quicksizer, which is available at service.sap.com/quicksizer.

Regards,

Benny