cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

se80 layout design: view context properties slow to update

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the view layout designer on the properties of each UI element, for. e.g, when I change a status by clicking a check box property on 'active' or 'hide/show' properties, the UI takes a while to synchronize and update its status changes.

If I move the mouse to another dependent property or a drop down, the changes are not reflected.

Does the sapgui need tuning? I have a powerful laptop with 1.5Gig memory and processor intel core duo at 1.8 Ghz.

Sapgui version is 7100.1.0.3050 and backend is WAS release 700 SPS 11.

Do you have any idea?

Message was edited by:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

one of my colleagues is facing the same performance problem. It happens that he waits up to 5 minutes for the SE80 to react on a single click on of of the UI elements. The performance at runtime is quite good, but only the development seems to be slowed down.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem and has found a solution by now. It is quite urgent and most of all it makes the development really annoying. We're working on a 7.00 System with patch 13 btw.

Many thanks in advance.

Sebastian

p.s.: No there is not any SAP note, there isn't some help entry and as far as I searched this seems to be the only thread about this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Layout Design is the major issue for me. Its taking a lot of time. Did any one find out the solution for this?

Thanks,