cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication In adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

My question is the following : I am using a file adapter (sender) but the directory where I get that file needs a authentication...where should I do that authentication?

Regards,

Muraiii

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Uncheck Anonymous login option. this displays fields for username and pwd. provide the info there

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to use NFS not FTP. (If it is possible)

Thanks,

Muraii.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This option is only available for FTP.

I would like to use NFS not FTP. (If it is possible)

Thanks,

Muraii.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from the option is have pointed , there is no other option for NFS.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For NFS, the solution pointing by me is the only way.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thank you for your solution, but I don't very understand how to do it (I'm a newbie)

Do you mean if the system is XI, I should add XIADM as user for the authentication?

Regards,

Muraiii

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to ask your Admin to do this.

He can add the authorization to the folders at the OS level for this user and thereby only those folders will be accessible to XI's file adapter.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

So for example the system is TXI, he needs to add TXIADM as user for the authentication? And the password should be blank?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

exactly..give read , write execute permission to this user only for the requried folders and for the rest do not add this user to the permission list and then you can control XI writing / reading files from a folder.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the password?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a OS Level user id . The password will be maintained at the OS level. You cannot control it at the Application Level , ie. at XI level.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean there is no XI password, Its only the login TXIADM, so It should be a blank password, am I right?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need not do anything at XI Level is all I know. Your BASIS team should be able to control the password etc if they want to .

But from an XI developer perspective at no place are you going to mention use this User id to read files, this happens in the background. How it happens, will be known only if you can strip down the File adapter given by SAP

Control access to the folders for thsi user id at the OS Level and things will work fine.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

Thats how i understood from bhaveshs response

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we check if the adapter is working correctly in the workbench? If yes , how?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can.

Go to RunTimeWorkbeanch --> Component Monitoring --> Adapter Engine --> Communication Channel Monitoing .

Select you Comm Channel Name and you can view its status.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The status is ok but I don't know if the authorisation on the folder is accepted...

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not have the authorization the error message will mentioned that there is no authorization in comm channel monitoring.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if I am using the NFS ?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the SID+ADM has no Read + Write +Execute access on the folder, you will get a error message in Comm Channel Monitoring even for NFS.

Exactly what I have been telling from the first reply to this thread.

Regards

Bhavesh

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might help you

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

one way:

set up FTP server and give access to this folder

then in XI use FTP adapter with credentials to that FTP server

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there another way?

Thanks,

Muraiii

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default in the case of NFS it is the SID"ADM" user id that reads the files from the folders of XI. If you want to control the reading of files, make sure that only on the required folders does the SID"ADM" user id has the authorizations.

Regards

Bhavesh