cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to enter in Host Printer- using Method "U" & IP for destination Host

0 Kudos

We are changing our printer configuration to bypass the OS (ISeries) and go directly to the IP of the printer. I am using access method U. In transaction SPAD do I have to put the actual name of the printer on the network in the host printer or can this be a generic entry like "text"? Just wondering what other companies have in Host Printer. We are Netweaver 2004.

Regards,

Diane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As ruchit said you have to put the actual name of the printer on the network in the host printer and also make sure If names are case-sensitive in the host system, be sure to enter the name with the correct capitalization.

Regards,

Bharath.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses. In tryiing to obtain the network printer name I have noticed that many of them don't have names. According to our network folks this is normal. Could I use the IP address in the Host Name and the Destination host fields?

Regards,

Diane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diane,

In this case for host printer you can give the name of the port to which the printer is attached to. If this doesnot work try out IP address. Basically the manner in which the printers are being accessed on you through windows needs to be replicated in SPAD. And it is a bit surprising that the printers dont have names. How are you suing them for other applications. As mentioned above you need to replicate the same in SAP.

For destination hosts yes you can given IP addresses.

Please award points for useful answers.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

You need to give the actual name of the printer on the network. There has to be 1:1 mapping. However in case if there are spaces in actual name SAP wont accept that. So just concatenate the name in host printer field.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.