cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Instances of NetWeaver in a single installation (binary)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My product has several versions. In WebLogic I have one installation and have created multiple instances each for each of the version. Can I do the same thing in NetWeaver? I am looking to see if I can create multiple instances of NetWeaver with a single binary installation by creating more directories/configuration files. Please let me know if this is possible and if so how it needs to be done. I am using NetWeaver's Java engine only.

Thanks and regards,

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your pointed answer, Rajat. Can you please verify my understanding about dialogue instances? Dialogue instances are dependent on the central instance and hence are not independent. Is that correct?

The first option of creating separate instances should meet my requirement (having completely independent instances). I have a trial version of NetWeaver but I am unable to create separate instances in that. Can you please point me to the right install doc so that I can complete this task?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

You got it right dialog instances are not independent.Coming back to the second point.You can surely have different instances in case of all netweaver versions NW04,NW04S,NY.but in the case of netweaver trail version i am afarid u do nt get an option to change SID ,it comes as default J2E or J3E.Now fisrt instance is suppose J3E u cant have another instance having the name J3E.

But if u have licensed version of Netweaver u can change the SID that is have J3E,J4E etc so you have the option to install different instances on one machine

Hope its clear.Reward suiatble points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

In Netweaver also u can have serveral intances.There are two options:

1.Create seperate standalone instances.Here each instance will be a unique identity indepent to each other.You will have different SID(System identification number for each)

2.Create a centrel instances and u can have several dialog instances in the same machine.Here the SID will be one but as required you will have a seperate directory under that centrel instance for each diaolog instances.

For more info log on to http://service.sap.com/instguides.

Reward suiatble points