cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of TCP/IP Or FILE Port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one Doubt While We are doinng IDOC To File Scenario.

We have to Create Port In WE21 of Type TCP /IP.

If We Select the Type As FILE Means What wil Happend.

Please Explain me little bit on this.

Regards

Sesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>If We Select the Type As FILE Means What wil Happend.

it means that IDOC will create a file on SAP R3 server

more about porst in We21:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>If We Select the Type As FILE Means What wil Happend.</i>

>>>

file will be created

you can even use the XML port option too - ref: /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The Port can be a File Port (IDocs will be saved in this folder)

REFER THIS THREAD

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/dc/6b7fa443d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Ports are use to define the way data is send (or received) from another partner (e.g. other system).

- Port type Transactional RFC defines an RFC Destination.

- Port type File defines a file and directory (and a function module that does the record handling for your output file)

- Port type CPI-C defines an SAP R/2 system and transmission parameters.

- Port type Internet, allthough in the system is no longer supported (See SAP note 315083).

- Port type ABAP-PI defines a function module that will do the transmission. This is often used if you want total control over the sending (or receiving) process.

- XML defines a file and directory (and a function module) specific to XML formatted files. The XML-HTTP leaves out the file and can transmit directly to a website location