Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Engine Problem

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If i create a new communication channel in the integration directory it's not possible to assign any adapter.

In the Runtime Workbench - Component Monitoring - Cache Connectivity Test returns a red square by the Adapter Engines with the detail error message: No SLD elements of type SAP_XIAdapterFramework found!

In the SLD - central on a separate server - no Technical System with type Exchange infrastructure is listed in the TS view. But i find the XI Adapter Engine listed by the installed products of my Web AS Java TS. This is my Integration Server which apperared once as Web As Java and once as Web AS ABAP instance.

What do i need to configure for using adapters in the integration directory?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

our Basis Team got errors by the importing of the Basis Components. So they did the whole post installation steps. Now I'm able select the adapters and can assign them to my CC's.

Thanks

Michael

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michale,

As a part of post installation , u hav to perform the following steps. When i had installed for the first time, i dint do the following steps which resulted in the same error as u r getting now.

1. Copy XI3_0_SAP_BASIS_6.40_09_00.tpz from <Components DVD>/XI /XI_CONTENT to directory /usr/sap/<SAPSID>/SYS/global/xi/repository_server/import/

2. On your SAP XI host, call transaction SXMB_IFR.

3. Choose Repository (Design).

4. Choose &#8594; Tools &#8594; Import Design Objects

2. Choose the file /usr/sap/<SAPSID>/SYS/global/xi/repository_server/import XI3_0_SAP_BASIS_6.40_09_00.tpz

5. Import the file.

Check with ur versions. And let me know this helps u.

Anil

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

we set the PIAPPLUSER as primarz user in SLDAPICUST and restarted the AF CPA Service in the Visual Administrator of the XI. So we can now see the Adapter Engine in the Technical System Listing of the Exchange Infrastructure Type in the SLD.

Also we can see the Adapter Engine with green status in the Runtime Workbench.

But we still can't select an Adapter for a Communication Channel in the Integration Directory.

Any further ideas? How can i check the connection from XI to get the Adapter Engine information from SLD. Do i need to restart any services after successful registration of the Adapter ENgine in the SLD?

Regards,

Michael

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you import the SAP Basis Componenet and complete the Post Installtion Activities as pointed above?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal

are you able to see the adapters in the "adapter monitoring" of the RWB??

regards

krishna

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh

our Basis guys asserted to me, that they had already imported the basis components. Can I check if it's true?

Hello Krishna

in the RWB in can only see the adapter engine. I can't see any adapters.

e.g.

Component Monitoring

- domain...

- Integration Server

- Integration Engine

- Business Process Engine

- Mapping runtime

- Adapter Engine

- Integration Engines

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michael

in RWB-->comp monitoring

click on Adapter Engine ( in the tree_)

At the bottom you will find a button with the name "adapter engine"

Click on that,

A new window will pop up. You will find an "Adapters" tree. Expand that / You will see the installed adapters

regards

krishna

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Only the JPR Adapter is listed in the Adapter Monitoring Window.

Regards,

michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

That means your Importing of Basis components is not complete / it had an error

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your basis team if they imported the basis components as mentioned by someone above

regards

krishna

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks. I will check this.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it new installed XI box? if yes did you execute all post install steps (like importing SLD data, running template installer etc.)

also check if you also imported SAP BASIS component in integration repository.

Regards,

Gourav

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs.

I will check it with our SAP Basis guys.

Regards,

Michael

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to create data supplier brigde in Visual admin

correctly

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any howto to re-configure the data supplier bridge or an according note?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI installation/configuration guides

Regards,

michal