cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown values problem ID and description

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks.

We have a Z-table with a Z-field of type ZACC_GRP_DESC (CHAR30). This field has a check table looking like this:

ZACC_GRP_ID NUMC 2

ZACC_GRP_DESC CHAR 30

In SE16 and SM30 the text of this field is shown and also the ID if you have this option selected in your GUI preferences.

But in the ITS interface and the Portal interface the generated GUI is showing only the group ID and no description.

This is the SAP GUI HTML standard stuff I guess. But how can this be solved?

Anyone recognizing this?

Best regards,

Mattias Kardell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

Since I actually have not worked too much with the ITS I don't even know how to change, and where, these service parameters.

But we are running on an integrated ITS so I guess it is around the SICF.

If anyone got a quick reply on this I appreciate the answer.

BR

Mattias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mattias,

I assume you've had selected the option in SAPGUI for Windows. This has no affect on SAPGUI for HTML.

To enable key display in dropdown listbox you have to follow the instructions in the SAP note #495409 and set a service parameter ~webgui_combobox_with_keys to 1.

Best regards,

Johannes Bartsch

Former Member
0 Kudos

So.

I did go into SICF and updated the webgui service with these parameters.

We will see how things turns out.

Best regards and thank you very much anyway for your answer!

Mattias Kardell

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mattias,

Please describe exactly which GUI preferences you set in Windows GUI to display the columns you want.

- Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning, thank you for your answer.

In SAP I click the right most icon looking like a screen. There I choose "Options...". In the Expert tab, and Control section I click the "Show Keys In All Dropdown Lists".

As I tried to explain this data field (Char 30) in this table have Check table ZBADTGROUPS001 and Origin of the input help är "Input help implemented with check table".

Definition of ZBADTGROUPS001 is:

ZACC_GRP_ID NUMC 2 0Accounting Group ID

ZACC_GRP_DESC CHAR 30 0Accounting Group Description

And when entering data from SAP the Description is showed but when entering data from the ITS or as well the Portal the ID only is shown. Which is strange because the field typ is ZACC_GRP_DESC.

Did this help out in order to help me or am I totally wroing here?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

::Mattias