Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,I am a newer to EP. Today I try SSO to SAP BW from portal. As we know,we should exchange the certificate . So I import the portal certificate to BW through SAPGUI. I want to ask why we should import the BW certificate through J2EE visual administrator not SAPGUI.Can I import the BW certificate through SAPGUI using Transaction code /nSTRUSTSSO2 ? Thanks a million!

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lei,

Not really sure about this. But please check OSS note 701205. In the end it has a documentation for add-in systems.

Check the documentation. it has four files. Check this one: Specifying the J2EE Engine Client to Use for Logon Tickets

Regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

thank you

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The portal is a Java application, so it runs on the J2EE engine part of WebAS in NetWeaver. So, if you want to authenticate a user at the portal, and then allow this user to logon to applications that are hosted on other SAP servers (or on the same server, but in the ABAP engine), then the certificate used in the J2EE engine to digitally sign the SSO2 ticket must be exported in the portal (using Visual Admin), and imported into the system where the application is located (using Visual Admin if it is a Java application, or SAP GUI and STRUSTSSO2 t-code if it is an ABAP application).

I hope this helps ?

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you