cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC - XI - R3 Duplicate JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario: JDBC - XI - R3

I am using select query to pick up the data from database, but i am not updating the database through sender JDBC adapter. Database is updated once proper response from R/3 is received. Polling interval is very high. Still JDBC is picking up the records many times. Could anyone provide the reason for that

Thanks,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

General Solution for this is to use temp database table and delete content after sending data (since in many cases you can't add update flag into database tables).

You can use triggers for replicating data in this new database table and in sender JDBC adapter after selecting record simply delete data from table.

Aslo do the transaction handling to make sure integrity of data.

Regards,

Gourav

Message was edited by:

Gourav Khare

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Could you brief your JDBC Sender channel configuration?

Thanks,

Beena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

PLZ CLEAR 1 DOUBT

JDBC sender

polling interval - 24hrs

after select query if i dont update it at that time, how many msgs in sxmb_moni, will i get??/

Right now i am getting around 100 messages with same payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should send ony 1 message with all records in payload... can you tell me what is your select query?? and what is size of your database table (number of records and record size).

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

On what factors, more than 1 msg in sxmb_moni, depends???

Former Member
0 Kudos

- It depends on everytime you start/activate communication channel.

for example you changed something in communication channel and then restarted then it will poll database again (in this communication channel won't remember when last time it polled database).

Same situation is in case of stop/start of communication channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

REASON FOR MULTIPLE MESSAGES in sxmb_moni??

Former Member
0 Kudos

any more inptus?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check in visual admin that you have only a single instance of J2EE nodes active.

This might solve the prob

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit

What exactly, according to ur proposed solution, i have to do ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

See in general,

Select query is used to pick up the data / execute the query and to avoid the second time execution of the set of records we have an option to update the table with some field change the flag to 0 1 or similar kind of flag..

so does your database table has this field??

check inthis manner and check the query is picking the correct result set or not..

also see below

• Q: After configuring a large amount of JDBC Adapter sender channels, the J2EE Engine becomes very slow and some services start to block. How can I solve this issue?

• A: Up to and including XI 3.0 SP13 each JDBC Adapter sender channel permanently consumes a J2EE application thread. To solve this issue, increase the number of configured J2EE application threads using the SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool ("cluster-data" -> "Global server configuration" -> "managers" -> "ApplicationThreadManager" -> "MaxThreadCount").

Starting with XI 3.0 SP14 application threads are allocated on demand by the JDBC Adapter and returned to the thread pool after it has finished the polling sequence, so thread shortage situations will typically occur much more rarely than with earlier SPs.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose the polling interval is 24hrs, so if the data is not updated during first poll, then will it poll the data only once or many times???

how many msgs will be seen in sxmb_moni ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I am using select query to pick up the data from database, but i am not updating the database through sender JDBC adapter. Database is updated once proper response from R/3 is received.

Are you using a BPM here? Is the data base getting updated from the BPM?

I fear this is not happening, check the Communication channel monitoring, if you are not finding any errors in SXMB_MONI.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

no BPM

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>Database is updated once proper response from R/3 is received.</i>

How is this being done?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bhavesh

this is done using two async interfaces

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg,

Am sorry but when there is going to be an interdepeendcy between the independent interfaces you would need to make sure that you use a BPM! It is not going to be easy to help with this minimum details.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

scenario

jdbc - XI - Abap proxy

Abap proxy calls an interface that generates an idoc, so 2nd interface

idoc - XI - JDBC is triggered

and this updates the status flag