cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change a model in case RFC module changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a prototype using web dynpro where the model used is imported using an RFC model.

The prototype is working fine but we changed the definition of the export parameters of the ABAP function module. Is there a way to change the model so it fits to the latest version of the ABAP function module without deleting the model first and recreating it, because this means a lot of work.

Any help is welcome

Bertil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertil,

i'm afraid there is no automatic way to re-import an updated RFC model yet (this would be a desirable feature in 6.40 i guess). But on the other hand you can try the following procedure:

1. Import the model into a separate WD project using THE SAME package(s) as in the project you want to actualize. The "model project" shouldn't include anything else, no components, just the model(s).

2. Use the "Import from file system" feature from Eclipse to import all the files into the destination project. It's important that import and destination project paths are identical!

3. Reload the WD project (available in the context menu after selecting the WD project node).

4. If reload isn't enough, close and reopen the Developer Studio.

The IDE tools should analyze and realize the deltas without forgetting all your model bindings and context mappings. Anyway it is a good idea to make a backup of your destination project first.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan