cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization and Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am about to start with setting up some dashboards in Visual Composer and have some questions on authorization. We have a dashboard with a couple of drop down boxes, f.e. division and product. Depending on the values selected in these boxes the tables and charts are to display specific information.

<u>Requirements</u>:

- We want to limit the user to see only data from certain divisions.

- We would like the cockpit to be loaded with some preference values for product. Thus no restriction, but personalisation.

<u>Questions</u>:

- How do I set up authorization for Visual Composer cockpits?

Do I need to use authorization variables in the queries that are used for charts and tables? Do the variables used in the drop down boxes have to be the same as the authorization variables in the query? Or can I add 2 variables to the query, 1 for authorization and 1 that is used in the drop down box in Visual Composer?

- When do I have to set up authorization variables and profiles?

Can I build a Visual Composer cockpit based on normal variables for the drop down boxes and arrange authorization when I am finished? Or do I have to implement the authorization concept before I set up Visual Composer?

- How do I set up personalization for Visual Composer cockpits?

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

when the data is stored in a SAP BI system you can use the BI authorizations.

If a user has not the permissions then the query display no values.

The personalization can be done with a Z-Table. In the Z-Table store the start settings for your users. Then load the settings for your user when you load the app.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

thanks for your reply !!!

Indeed, the data is in a SAP BI system. I want to use queries that are build upon infocubes.

Is it possible then to use 2 variables? 1 normal variable that is used in Visual Composer as a drop down box and 1 authorization variable that is only used in the query and that prevents users from accessing data that they are not allowed to see? Or do I need to set up 1 variable as an authorization variable and use this same variable for the drop down boxes?

Best regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

if a user try to execute a query and has not the permission, that means the authority check is failed then the user gets no data.

There are several ways to implement an authorization concept. It's difficult to explain you all the possibilities here. But you are on a right way. Maybe you can ask your basis admin or you have consultants, who can explain you your authorization concept in your company.

Best Regards,

marcel

Answers (0)