cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple type min length

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I use simple types to enforce the length restrictions on the fields in a form, the max length restriction works, but a min length restriction of 1 doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?

-Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean that entering zero symbols by-pass validation in <b>valdating</b> action handler???

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right... I am using the simple types for fields on a form, and was hoping that the min length restrictions would prevent the save from working when nothing is entered for those fields (basically making them required fields). It works when I use a min length restriction of say 5 and enter less than 5 characters - but not when the min length restriction is 1.

By validating action handler, all you mean is the action's "without validation" checkbox is unchecked, right? This is the case for my Save action on this form.

-Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using NDS 2.0.11. I am using the simple types on a form, but if I leave one blank (even if it has a min length restriction of 1), and press save (validating action), it still goes through ok. I would expect an error to occur.

-Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you think you have discovered a bug, please open an OSS message.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

does this bug - if it really is one - still occurs in NDS 2.0.19?

I've discovered the same problem as Dave in the 2.0.19 Release, when creating a Simple Type of Build-In Type string with Maximum Length 50 and Minimum Length 2.

I left the field blank, and when i hit the save button in my application it doesn't say anything - well, except the error message from the hibernate layer that a not-null property is not set.

Is there already an OSS Message for this problem opened? Does anyone has a solution?

regards and thanks in advance,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The default minimum for simple type is 1.Otherwise you cant create a value for a simple type.

When u say its not working wat do u mean by that.are u trying to say that you could create a simple type element with no value in it ?

If so wat NDS version are u using ?

Regards

Bharathwaj