cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in WebAS Java Installation - Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm installing a WebAS Java SR1 Central Instance under windows 2000 over an Oracle database which is already installed.

The installation stops in step "Install DBA Tools" when running script SAPDBA_ADDITIONAL.SQL due to error "ORA-00972: identifier is too long".

I've looked into a SAP Note (314671) who gave me a hint to what the error is: the name of the windows host is to long (13 characters) and, when concatenated to form db user OPS$<hostname>\SAPService<SID>, the maximum length of a database user identifier (30 characters) is exceeded.

The SAP Note suggests to instruct Oracle to leave out the OPS$ prefix, but doesn't tell how to do that.

Does anybody know how could I correct this error (besides changing the host name)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a file in the sapinst_instdir directory named SAPDBA_ADDITIONAL.SQL.

In this file remove all the instances of the variable sPrefix.

This variable has been concatenated with the hostname and the SIDAdm and the SAPServiceAdm and the DBSIDAdm....So if this variable is removed, automatically the hostname's length gets shortened by three characters and so the problem can be easily solved <b>without changing</b> the HOSTNAME...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've solved the problem by requesting a change on the host name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Please refer the note 314671

regards

Anand.M