cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need info regarding parent/child relationship links in SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masters,

I am working on SAP MDM 5.5. while working with Import Manager i troubled with importing parent/child relationship link.Can anybody suggest how exactly we have to do to import that relationship links. If anybody have documents about this concept please forward with to my id ravikumarsaragadam@gmail.com

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

First thing is u have to mention which type of relationship u r goin to maintain in relationship table in Console.

Take one eg of parent child - Accesories for / Accessories

In this case on the on right hand side upper pane of consule right click and add

1) Name - Accessory For

2) Type- Parent Child

3) Name IS - Parent

4) Has Position - Yes

5) Has Required - No

6) Has Quantity - Yes

7) Parent Table - Products

😎 Child Table Products

(here parent and child table are both products but it may vary according to requirements)

save now

- table is created.

Now go to import Manager

Eg we have records in Excel File . Select excel sheet in source and relationship(Accesories for / Accessories) in destination.

We have to map parent records. Now Map ur parent field in source fields to ACCESSORIES FOR in destination fields

and after that map ur child field in source to ACCESSORIES in destination feild.

Upload and save the map

Then u can see ur relationship that u maintained for certain records in Data Manager..

Hope this eg could have given u some Knowledge about Relationship

Regards

Himanshu

Mark point if u find this effort needful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Thanks for your reply. Here we take "products" table as parent and chiid tabel.

while working with import manager it getting problem with mapping which field has map with which field. Can u give one more example with different parent and child tables and can u tell me where exactly this relationship is implemeted and what is the difference between taxonomy and relational table there also we are maintaining parent and child relationship. still i am bit ambiguous regarding this. Can u please clarify it.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Ok let me give some more details.

You have created a table of Type Relationship in MDM Console.

In Impot manager let say according to our previous eg.,, source ide contains.

PARENT to be <> mapped with Parent Name Feild

Mat1

Mat2

Mat2

(here mat1 mat 2 and mat3 u can assume are material numbers which are parents which will be in lower pane

CHILD to be mapped with <> CHILD Name Field

Mat5

mat 6 ma

( these are child mat nos ,, can be seen in lower pane.

i will mail u some screen shots ,,

Check them also

Regards

Himanshu Nijhawan

Rewards Points if u find helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Did you define Relationship in console?

i.e. Name Is

Has Position

Has Required

Has Quantity

Parent table

Child Table

After doing this go to Data manager...Main table record in Record Mode>In Menu bar Relationships>Import From/Export To

U can double click on relationship table in Record mode to check parent child relationship you have mention...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

R.n

Former Member
0 Kudos

in my previous post after point number 3 there is feild called NAME 2 in MDM console ... just put the name of the child here ..

i forgot to mention in previous [post

Thanks

Himanshu