cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding System to SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right now when I go create a model using the Create Model wizard, there is no option to select an SAP system.

So I figure that I have to add a system to the SLD, since our SLD had none of our SAP sytems set up. When I logon to the SLD via http://servername:50000/sld I click the Technical Landscape Link. Next I click the New Technical System button. Then I go thru the wizard entering in the proper information, until I get to the page where you have to add a product. It gives me no choice of product. What do I do here???

I am adding a Web ABAP system and have checked all the values to make sure they are correct...

Any advise on Adding a system to an SLD would be helpful. I've been over the documentation, but it doesn't seem very thorough

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try adding the susyem info in the SAPLogon group.

I mean Open SAPLogon and select Groups and add the system first.

Now open the IDE,Import wizard then you can see the system info in the dropwdown box.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please refer to page 10 of the Post-Installation Guide for the SLD.

I am copying the relevant section (3.3.3. Initial Data Import) for you.

Hope this helps,

- Vik.

"The SLD server implements the DMTF Common Information Model (CIM) (www.dmtf.org). Before you start to use the SLD server, you have to import the information about available SAP components (CR_Content.zip). This file is located in the directory <system-install-dir>\SYS\global\sld\model.

Since CR_Content.zip contains all available SAP components, the content of this file grows with time. The extensions contain information about new components (new releases and Support Pacakges, for example). This content in the SLD has to be updated from time to time. You can download the most up-to-date files from the SAP Service Marketplace. See SAP Note 669669 for details.

To import the file:

1. On the main page of SLD, choose 'Administration' -> 'Import'.

2. Specify the file name.

3. Choose 'Import Data'.

The files are transferred to the SLD server. The typical load time for this import step is 20 minutes."