Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password change OF SAPCPIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Should I change password of SAPCPIC through SU01 or Is there any special way to change SAPCPIC password.

Do I have to take care of something else while changing the password of SAPCPIC like RFC, any programs where it's password is hardcoded.Thanks

Regards,

Tushar

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Except the SAP* user-id the other user-id's are not hardcoded. You can with the change the password of the user-id SAPCPIC using SU01 and SAP also recommends to change the default passwords of the users SAP*,DDIC and SAPCPIC.

Regards,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thushar,

This can be done using SU01. SAPCPIC is used for communicating between processes/hosts. For this purpose, a user (SAPCPIC) is transferred from the calling program with a password (default ADMIN). However, too many functions can be performed with this user/password in the target system.Therefore it is recommended that you either lock the user or change the password.

You can refer to SAP note: 29276

Rewards points accordingly.

Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPCPIC is not an online user. It is sometimes used for RFC's, etc. So changing the password may effect any of the RFC's that you have that use that user ID. If that is the case, you can just change the RFC and update the password.

I hope this helps

--Sreejesh