Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM -MDM Catalog Implementation

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently working on SRM-MDM catalog implementation and would like to clear a few queries regarding the same:

1. What are the different possible ways to transfer data from SRM to MDM?

2. In the configuration guide it is mentioned that if you want to send Contract, InfoRecords, Product Data then we have to use XI. Communication between SRM and XI will be using XI protocol. It means we have to create outbound proxy for triggering data from SRM to XI.

Is this correct please confirm. If yes do we have a standard proxy report to do the same.

3. In the Functional Documentation Guide for SRM-MDM catalog it is mentioned that to send contract data from SRM use transaction <b>SRMMDM_CTR_TRANSFER</b>. but though it shows the contract data, it is not able to send data to XI. Is some setting required for sending data to XI?

4. In Functional Documentation Guide for SRM-MDM catalog it is mentioned that to upload Supplier Data from SRM system to SRM MDM Catalog repository use Report <b>ROS_SUPPLIER_SEND_TO_CATALOG</b>. But while executing this report I m getting exception "Function module "<b>BUPA_MWX_BDOC_BPS_FILL_CENTRAL</b>" not found.".

How do I solve this?

Thanks in Advance

Shiv

Note: Points will be awarded to helpful answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv.

I'm working with SRM-MDM-Catalog. I'm transfering Product data only, using XI. For start the process to send the products, I'm using the transaction BBP_CCM_TRANSFER in the SRM system. The communication between SRM and XI use ABAP Proxy (check SXMB_ADMIN and SDL configs).

If you need to send Currencies, Unit (UOM) or Product Groups, use the transaction MDMGX. This transaction do not use XI.

Evandro.

alexander_gahr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

you can use the import Manger of MDM to upload XML, CSV XSL data files

The connection from SRM to SRM-MDM is done via OCI 4.0.

If you want to replicate data from your backend R/3 system you have to use XI.

2. Please Refer to the installation guide of SRM-MDM there the connection between Backends and XI is expalained in detail.

3-4 . Have you depoyed every file of the istallation there is also a part to be deployed in SRM?

Best regads Alex