cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI for Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can any one tell me or show me an example how to configure the SAP GUI for Java to connect to the server?

I have downloaded the files from ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/java/630/

and my system O/S is Windows

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

SAP GUI for Java comes with excellent documentation. The chapters “User Configuration” and “Administrator Configuration” should give you all the information you need.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I understood your words but I donot have the documentation. Can u please forward that to me at this id.

nagaraju.donikena@gmail.com

Thanks ,

Nagaraju Donikena.

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

the documentation is part of the SAP GUI for Java installation. Just start SAP GUI for Java, and open the Help->"Help Contents" menu.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have clicked on PlatinGUI-Win32-630.

Which has said me that installation is going to happen and atlast I had seen a successful installation screen.

What are the prerequisites for this installed GUI to work

in perspective of application server or what way should I configure the SAP GUI for java to get connected with my application server.

I am trying to refer the help which has got installed with the GUI. I couldnot find the way you have suggested.

Thanks ,

Nagaraju Donikena

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

please start SAP GUI for Java from the Windows start menu at "SAP Clients"-->"SAP GUI for Java". In the SAP GUI for Java dialog you can open the help from the menu "Help"->"Help Contents".

Best regards,

Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

Did you ever figure out how to configure the SAP GUI for Java to connect to the server? I have the same problem. I have downloaded the GUI from the ftp site but dont know how to connect to the server.

Suman

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Suman,

there are various threads covering the configuration of SAP GUI for Java / how to connect to application server you can get the information from.

A good start would be , or ...

Also chapters 7 + 9 of the manual part of SAP GUI for Java should be helpful.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin