cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying devolped EAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new in SAP NetWeaver. I have to deploy ear in the same which has already running in JBOSS. Please help me for deploying the EAR in the same.

Thanks in Advance

Toji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the J2EE migration tool to migrate the application to SAP Netweaver. Then u can deploy the application from NWDS.

Regards,

Vijai

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Toji,

Eventhough the migration tool is available, i am not sure whether we can completely migrate a J2EE application which is running on a JBoss server on to SAP J2EE Web Application Server.If you have the code of the existing application, then you can achieve the migration to some extend.The main reasons for this are,

1) In JBoss server, all the EAR files are in folder structure format. It means, after the deployement of the EAR project, we can see the contents of the EAR application within the server directory of the JBoss installation.It is having the folder structure.WIthin the EAR file we may have number of WAR folders and JAR folders. But when it comes to our SAP J2EE WAS, the ear files are merely .ear files, which are zip compatable files.Within that .ear file we may number of .war files and .jar files.So in the case of JBoss application,within that we can even refer some mime files even following the folder structure since there no difference in the relative path reference in JBoss application. But the same references wont work in the SAP J2EE WAS since the relative path references are different , moreover it is not in the folder structure.

2)The deployement descriptors for the WAR , EJB and the EAR files are different in both servers.So we have to manully change the deployment descriptors.

3) The look up strings used for looking up DataSource,and EJB are different in both of the servers.So we have to manually edit the code in such a way to make it work with the SAP J2EE WAS.

4) Most of the JBoss applications might be using struts, so we will have to change the JSP code(if you have in your WAR project) accordingly to make it work with the SAP J2EE WAS.

5) You might have to face some issues while migrating the Container managed Entity beans.

Just keep all these things in your mind. I had tried to migrate one project and i had faced these problems while doing that. That time, i had the code of the J2EE application.To some extend we could migrate the application.

You would get better responses from the Migration Forum than this forum.

Regards,

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For deploying applications please, refer the link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2d/b8b2426dbec86ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thanks

R.Murali

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open that EAR in NWDS.

Right click on that EAR and choose deploy.

You can also use UME for deployment.

In http://<servername>:<port>/nwa

There is a deployment facility.

Regards,

Prashil