cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM Host name in Developer Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed an test web dynpro projekt in my developer studio sp10 (windows) an now i want to deploy it to my was 6.40 SP10(unix).

The problem is the SDM Hostname in the developer studio and where is this hostname set?

The SDM hostname which i want is for example: servername.subdomain.domain.de

but in the SDM hostname of the deployment error only the servername appears whithout subdomain.domain.de and then the sdm can not find the server.

I tried to write the ip adress in the etc/host file in my system32 folder but this alias work only in the browser, not in the developer studio.

So my question is: From where gets the Developer Studio the SDM Hostname and how can i change this sdm hostname at WAS side ?

I also tried to change the sdm hostname in the sdmproperties.slc file at <sap-dir>.../SDM/program/config and restarted the server and the developer studio but the developer studio has the old hostname.

Regards, MY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

so .. the problem was: we have changed the J2EE Admin password and then you have to change it in the secure store via config tool also, and after changing this in the secure store the problem was fixed.

(the password to deploy in developer studio haven't changed. It is the standard sdm password "sdm". You must enter the J2EE Admin password from UME Login to the secure store via config tool -->sap note 701654)

see the sap note 701654 for this problem

sap note 756084 for the most problems with sdm 6.30/6.40

MY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thank you for your answers but that was not my problem.

The WAS is on a remote server an i set the specific message host and port in nwds and i can see the green signals of sdm, dispatcher and server.

The sdm host name is for example: testserver

but i need the full name to deploy. The deployment error says: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [testserver] with user name: [Administrator]

but i need the full name: testserver.subdomain.domain.de to connect to sdm, so where can i change this ?????

in windows/system32 i write the ip address of the testserver in the etc/hosts file but then only in internet explorer or in ms dos command line the hostname is solved in ip address but not in nwds.

Must i change the hostname of the was from testserver to testserver.subdomain.domain.de or how can i solve this domain problem ???

please help. Murat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally if your server is configured and correct host and port number is given in NWDS, there should not be any problem in deploying the application,can you post exactly what error ur getting,

post this in Webapplication server topic.

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murat

Seems very strange. Is your SDM account locked out? Try logging into the SDM using the RemoteGui.bat with the same credentials

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Murat,

Is your WAS installation is local or remote, if it is remote you have to specify the Host and port in NWDS, Windows->Preffrences->hostname(http://<servername>,Port default is 3601). You will see Dispatcher,SDM,SErver with Green Signals,means you can deploy your application.

For any other problem do letus know

hope this helped you

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murat

The remote server is set in Window->Preferences->SAP J2EE Engine in NDS

Regards

Pran