cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to file scenario..............file lost if target directory incorrect?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi forum experts,

i have a file to file scceanrio....without BPM....

there is only one mapping ...in the receiver determination......

the problem is........

when in the receiver communication channel....in the <target directory>....i give something absurd.....e.g. '-', the file cant be put to the desired directory...

and the file is lost.............moreover nowhere in the rwb i can see what the error is.......in rwb it shows file delivered successfully........

now how can i retrive the lost messgae.....how can i resend the message from rwb or MDT............

is it possible from MDT to resend the message payload again????

pls help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhar,

Also if you want to start the successfully processed message you have an option for this. Check this weblog for this:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/09/xi-restarting-successfully-processed-messages

I recommend to use this if you are in development only.

-

Satish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudheep,

In rwb ---> Message Monitroing ---> under Adapter Engine the message status should be a Sytem Error or Delivering. If you have corrected the path in the file adapter you can select the message and then RESEND the same message so that the file is created at the target directory. In the Message Monitoruing you will have the option called RESEND.

Also, take a look at this blog to restart messages automatically,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavesh.........

<<In rwb ---> Message Monitroing ---> under Adapter Engine the message status should be a Sytem Error or Delivering.>>

when the target directory is something wrong ...in this case '-'....

in rwb ->communication channel monitoring> in the audit log

it says message delivering is successful...

the audit log shows the same message as it shows when the target directory is corrected also...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

message monitoring will say delivered,check the receier File adapter in RWB,it will show some error

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudheep,

Did you make the change to the correct directory withing 15 minutes iof the triggering of the message?

The adapter engine retires to resend the message 3 times at an interval of 5 mintues after the error occurs. In your case, I am assuming that the first time there would ve been a error and then you would ve corrected the receiver file adapter and the message would ve been automatically restarted.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

bhavesh i tried with the correct target direcotory first...

then i changed the dierctory to '-'......

now i cant trace error anywhere ...nor i can receive my file......

and in the communication channel monitoring----> audit log...... i cant see any message which slightly hinted that there was some sort of error....

the concern is.......before rectifying error ...at least i should know where the error occurred........

even by reading the audit log ...it was all same for both correct and incorrect case...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey all thanks, i got the answer.....

when the target directory was '-'....

it was deliver to

Write to file "/usr/sap/XID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/-/output20070523-091706-433.xml" as binary, size 221 bytes....

i m sorry i didnt check the audit log properly.......

i assume if the receiver channel couldnt find the path in the NFS(protocol selected) ...it made a folder in a default path in "/usr/sap/XID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0 and put the file there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>i assume if the receiver channel couldnt find the path in the NFS(protocol selected) ...it made a folder in a default path

the receiver file adapter will create a new directory if the one specified doesn't exist if u have selected the"Create target directory" check box in the receiver adapter.by default its selected though

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

ahmad thanks...

but r u sure ...

<"Create target directory" > this fileld is there in the receiver communication channel....is there.......coz i think its default property....

i m not sure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudeep,

small clarification.

is the folder '-' newly created in /usr/sap/.../server0/ ? or it is already existing folder?

ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ravi...thanks for ur question...

<<usr/sap/.../server0/>>

actually this a folder on the server.......existing one....

i never refer to it anywhere......its like by default...

means when in the target directory......it didnt understnd '-' (which i specified as the target directory).............. it put the file there.....

means the XI never complained about not finding the path im my NFS(protocol which i specified)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try someother path , like \xyz\etc.. and test it out. In thise case check if you get the error.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi got it,

since i m using NFS, it will never complain about not finding the target direcotry......

if i give something non existing ..it will just create it.....

see '-' was working coz i can name a directory as '-'...

bu ti think an error can happen if i have dierectory name ...which is not possible like '**??'

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You would have selected the Create Target Directory option. Deslect this option give a non existent directory value and you will get a error..

2,. I guess "-" has been mapped to some folder at the OS level ( a BASIS admin can give the reason ) and that is why the file was earlier put into that particualr folder.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes bhavesh u r right......

but '-' is mapped to '-' coz the server is in UNIX and its allowed there....so i assume its depends on what file name unix supports ..... i observed that even file name with '/' is suppoted in unix...though its somewhat very absurd for windows..

anyways

<<1. You would have selected the Create Target Directory option. Deslect this option give a non existent directory value and you will get a error..

>>

but really i could not find the Create Target Directory option in the receiver communication channel.....

can u just see and tell me if its there or not...pls

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like the Adapter Metadata has not been imported properly in the SAP Basis Component.

As this option is selected by Default, the Directory is being created in the File Adapter. As the adapter metadata is not corresponding to your SP level in IR, you aren ot able to see this option.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks bhavesh,

very useful info..................

<<adapter metadata is not corresponding to your SP level in IR>>

recently we updated XI to SP19.......

can u tell me in few lines what do u mean by

<<the Adapter Metadata has not been imported properly in the SAP Basis Component.

>>

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your SAP Basis Component in the IR. In the details tab you will see something called Avcailable Support Packages --> This should be on SP 19 as well.

Ask your BASIS team to import the correct SAP Basis Component for SP 19.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhar,

Is this is development or production? Also why you have given the target direcotry as '-' ? Is this your requirement?

Anyway you can post the same message once again from RWB. Since it is file to file scenario you can post from RWB.

Go to sxmb_moni and open your message. From the source payload right click and select view source. Then copy this payload and go to RWD ---> Adapter Engine ---> Test Message ---> Here you give your Source business system, Target business sytem and all the parameters. Also you paste the payload here. Also give your user name and password and select Quality of service BE. Then send the message. You will see a new message in sxmb_moni.

Also would recommend to give a name for target directory.

Check this weblog for some help on this:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

---Satish

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep

You can download the file from the payload.

Go to Sxmb_moni and download the inpt file from the payload....

Cheers..

Vasu

• Reward Points if found useful **