cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming a Webservice created on WAS 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to generate a client proxy automatically on WAS 6.40 for a WSDL-description which is generated with the Webservicebrowser on a WAS 6.20?

I tried to do this but when i test the proxy i receive the following fault-message:

<ERRORTEXT>Unexpected element -el=definitions ns=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/</ERRORTEXT>

When i compare a generated WSDL document on 6.40 and a generated WSDL document on 6.20 i see that these documents are different. What is the reason for this differences?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been successfully consuming 6.2 WS in 6.4

The WSDL in 6.4 is WS-I compliant and 6.2 not exactly, but that shouldn't make much of a problem.

Maybe Thomas' weblog (/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/15/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-xiii-developing-abap-webservices) will answer some of your questions.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you Eddy for your answer. You said that you have consumed a WS created on 6.20 successfully on 6.40. How did you do that? You generate the client proxy on WAS 6.40 automatically or you do this with an other approach?

Thanks for your help!

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

On the 6.2 the FM just needs to be remote enbled, but I guess that was already the case an don the 6.4 I've created the a client proxy via SE80, Shift-F5 and type in the URL that you can see with the old webservice browser.

The best thing of course is to update the 6.2 to a 6.4 WS if that's possible. Just following the wizard wouldn't take much time.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddy,

i created the proxy in the following way:

Enterprise Services - Webservice Library - Context Menu - Create - Proxy Object

I've typed in the URL from the Webservice Browser an then i followed the wizard. But when i am testing the proxy, it doesn't work! The error that i have explained in my first message occurs. Is here any special setting required in the wizard?

Thanks for your help!

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pls don't forget to assign reward points when you feel that the answers to your questions are valuable