cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Tutor Player - Print issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deliver online tutorials (.sim SAP Tutor files) to our organisation's users via our intranet site. The SAP Tutor files are launched by users following links on the website. My issue is that some tutorials are able to be printed by users and some are not. The print settings have been checked and all appears to be okay however sometimes the print doesn't happen. If the user copies the .sim file onto their computer (right click, save target as) and play the tutorial from there, they can print the tutorial. It is an unusual problem in that it is inconsistent - some tutorials print properly and others don't.

Can you please advise if there is anything I can check - I am at a loss to understand why this is happening. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sue,

I've moved this to a place where it might get better attention, as SAP education at one time used SAP Tutor rather heavily.

I haven't used the application in a long time (and I believe it is no longer supported) but I believe too that some of the tutors (those printable) were simply created differently...meaning with an attibute that made them downloadable and not just "playable". You could also check the versioning.

I'll also forward this thread to some colleagues that have worked with SAP tutor in the past and they may be able to shed more light.

Please try in future to keep your questions in the proper thread.

<b>Answer:</b> Just checked the SAP Tutor documentation and when the tutors are recorded, they would have needed to be marked as "printable". That is the answer then. It depends on how they were created as to whether the author allows them to be printed.

best,

Marilyn

Message was edited by:

Marilyn Pratt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn,

I have .SIM files which i have not taken from SDN. But its giving the error that u need a license to run the files.

Someone had suggested about "unlocking" the files. How to go abt for files not downloaded from SDN. I have downloaded the SAP tutor from SDN.

Kindly Suggest.

Thanks & Regards

Divya

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Tutor Player is limited to playing tutorials made by SAP only. Doc on <a href="https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/011000358700001572552002E">Service Marketplace</a>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This print issue is unresolved. I develop the SAP Tutor tutorials using SAP Tutor recorder and editor. All print settings are set correctly however some tutorials are unable to be printed by users when they play the tutorials using SAP Tutor player (online from the organisations intranet). Can anyone suggest a cause for this - I would like users to be able to print all tutorials. At the moment, some tutorials will print and others will not.

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

How did you manage to get SAP Tutor Recorder - record the tutorial? I am trying to record the BI portaal using SAP Tutor Recorder. My application does not have 'Running Application' , 'Applications to be recorded' window as discussed in the SAP online help.

What should I do to get the software working?