cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file adapter specific message attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we check ASMA of file adapter ......all the information corresponding to that attributes will be available in the SOAP header. If we check ASMA in the receiver file adapter then receiver file adapter will pick those values from the SOAP header and will assign to the target file.

Even we can directly set the target file name by accessing the system parameters through UDF.

please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely correct.!

Just to add a quick note, in the case of adapter like File Adapter you have the option in the Sender / Receiver File Adapter to select the ASMA and the corresponding Attribute ( eg : FileName, Directory etc ) to be used from the SOAP Header.

In the case of few other adapters like SOAP, you do not have such explicit option. You add the ASMA to the SOAP Header using a UDF and you just select ASMA and Varibale Transport Binding in the Receiver SOAP adapter and all the SOAP Adapter value are replaced with header ASMA.

Each adapter has a few specific ASMA and these can be seen along with the technical names while trying to set some condtion in the Condition Editory under Context Objects.

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bavesh,

Could you please elaborate your statement .....if possibly with example !

>>Each adapter has a few specific ASMA and these can be seen along with the technical names while trying to set some condtion in the Condition Editory under Context Objects.

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if u go in sender or receiver adapter,u will find a small check box for "Adapter specific message attributes",once u check that,it will display all the other attributes attached with that adapter.

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to go to the Condition Editor in any of your receiver determiantions.

Here you will have an option called CONTEXT OBJECTS , click on it and then you will be able to see the various ASMA for each adapter along with their technical names.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Bhavesh

Congrats:)

will Context objects give the same ASMA as the ASMA checkbox in adapter?

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not have the option to select the ASMA explicitly in all adapters . ( Eg : SOAP adapter you only have the option , but not the technical names etc to be selected ) , so you can get the technical names and see the entire list in context objects.

If these ASMA are a part of the SOAP header you can also use it in the condition editor,

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx

regards

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bavesh ! It answers to my question. Do you have any blogs in mind to see that through screens ??

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Check this weblogs:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/04/27/sap-netweaver-xi-variable-substitution-with-adapter-specific-message-attributes-via-dynamicconfigurationbean

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/20/accessing-system-parameters-in-mapping-runtime

---Satish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this blog as well, You can see how Context Objects are being used,

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2007/03/18/basic-spam-protection-for-xi-mail-adapter

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

ASMA we have got in the recent service packs. Before this if we want to get the filename and other properties then we used to define this UDF and get the filename. Now we can directly get from ASMA.

Also sometimes your requirements will be like that even you use ASMA we still use this UDF.

---Satish

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

<i>If we check ASMA of file adapter ......all the information corresponding to that attributes will be available in the SOAP header</i>

Every adapter has a defined set of attributes, which are described individually as part of the configuration for each of the adapters. So these attributes would be visible. And better to call it Message Header instead of SOAP header.

<i>If we check ASMA in the receiver file adapter then receiver file adapter will pick those values from the SOAP header and will assign to the target file.</i>

Yes, if mapping of these attributes are done.

<i>Even we can directly set the target file name by accessing the system parameters through UDF.</i>

Yes

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70c89607-e4d9-2910-7280-f6746e96...

<i>[Reward points if helpful]</i>

Regards,

Prateek