cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file name in the target file field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this below particular blog we are creating the UDF and assigning the output of UDF to a filed in the target file structure.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/20/accessing-system-parameters-in-mapping-runtime

And even we are entering the target file name manually in the UDF. Whatever the filename that we enter in the UDF that will also be displayed as the target file name. To do this even we are selecting the adapter specific attributes.

Please correct if my understanding is wrong.

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

<i>Whatever the filename that we enter in the UDF that will also be displayed as the target file name</i>

Yes

<i>To do this even we are selecting the adapter specific attributes.</i>

"We could be" instead of "we are". If u want to access sender metadata, u should use ASMA.

Check this out

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70c89607-e4d9-2910-7280-f6746e96...

<i>[Reward if useful :)]</i>

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

kumar,

u r correct.....this way u can set the output file name in the UDF

and u also need to do the same "adapter specific message properties" in the receiver communication channel....

see a similar kind of blog by michael

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

This depends upon your requirement, if you actually wants Source System to provide the name then on the sender side add one more parameter which will store the NEW file name & then during mapping you can send this parameter as an argument.

Now you can actually assign " RecieverFilename " field with your argument or you can directly use it.

- Lalit -