cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punch-out: Bringing data back to SRM screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to understand exact steps involved in Punch-out customization for a catalog.

My problem is, I can access the catalog (after maintaining respective parameters in OCI structure) but I am unable to understand the config part to bring the data back from catalog (webpage) to shoppping cart screen. I have asked my tech consultant in use the BAdI but we are still struggling to understand the logic and steps as to how data will be brought back into SRM screens.

Looking forward for your kind help.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

technical view: the Catalog Server transfers the cart content via an HTTP-Post to the address which you entered as HOOK_URL.

hth

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Thanks a lot for your kind guidance. I have one doubt though, please correct me if I am wrong,when we configure OCI structure, value for HOOK_URL parameter is blank,isn't it? What I understand by your statement is- I need to maintain address of shopping cart screen in HOOK_URL parameter, right?

Please guide

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

OCI has got an interface file interface.asp (generated by catalog application) which fetches the relevant data from the catalog and transfers this data back to the EB system.

In order to send the data back to the EB system from the catalog via user's webbrowser, the return URL (HOOK_URL) parameter of the OCI structure must be inserted into the <b>Action</b> attribute of the HTML form (interface.asp) created by the catalog. Also the input parameters/fields has to be sent back to the EB system have to be syntax specific.

The parameter value for the HOOK_URL should be left blank in your call structure. It is automatically filled by EBP at runtime.

Rgds

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

the HOOK_URL is the URL of your system.

Like Reddy said, this parameter should be filled automatically by SRM (or EBP).

Only if you develope your own "EBP" you have to fill this parameter in your program.

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit:

Go to Define External Web Services (Catalogs, Vendor Lists etc.) in IMG and define the Standard Call Structure for the vendor. Contact the vendor for details.

You will need:

URL, user-id, password, etc. (See the OCI doc for this).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bakulesh, I am able to access the catalog through after setting OCI parameters, my question is how exactly data is brought back into shopping cart screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's automatic.

As soon as you click on Submit Order or Create Order on the vendor catalog website, it should bring the items you ordered into the SC.

-Bakulesh