cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Java 04s Currently unavailable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why is the java 04s versions unavailable in the download section? Is SAP going to stop allowing the downloading of the previews?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think SAP is stopping the downloading of the trial versions on SDN. Seems the guys are updating the versions to an higher support package (thanks to them!!!).

Because as mentioned before, since April you need the Solution Manager to download SP's. To clarify, you need the Solution Manager to approve the download items which are in your download basket (not all items need an approval, only these which affects the system core, as I understand).

So be patient and wait for the next version of the trial downloads (which works sometimes better then the licensed version )

regards,

daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you are right. I need them so badly for dioing some tests. If anybody knows when the preview version will be available again I surely would appreciate this information

Bye

Torsten

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A response to this from someone in the know like one of the sdn moderators would be great..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

SAP has taken the decision of allowing the download only through Solution manager.

It has been for some time now. But they were not strict to it.

May be they have finaaly decided ot implement it with full affect now.

So to do this you need to configure your Solution Manager. Maintenance Optimizer is the feature of SolMan you need to configure. Even i am doing the same. i am still facing issues to it.

regards and reward with suitable points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what about the trail versions! I really need to download one for testing.

Does anybody know, if and when the download is available again???

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can still download the developer workplace (NW2004s SP9 without DI and VC) from the anonymous ftp site: ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sdn/devkits/netweaver/slim/ but all the other sneak previews (except the NW2004 version) have been removed there...

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

yesterday night i downloaded the developer workplace, but the smaller package (part 2) seems to be corrupted. I downloaded it twice and i received serveral CRC-Checksum errors.

Does anyone know why the demo downloads has been removed?? I know that you can according to SAP's support strategy download patch via the Maintance Optimizer of the Solution Manager. But why have the trials been removed???

Best Regards

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something funny is going on in the marketplace as well. Suddenly today I cannot download patches that I could download yesterday. There is a message that says approval is now required for these patches but there is no method given for obtaining approval from any authority.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

[Removed by the moderator.]

Peter

--

Points always appreciated 😉