cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to fetch metadata

0 Kudos

I have NW2004S trial version installed without any problems.

But when dragging a webservice into an iView I have the message ´failed to fetch metadata´. and Portal request failed due to: ....

I have created DynamicWSProxies in visual admin according to the how to consume enterprise services using VC guide.

FU2_800 with url: http://erp.esworkplace.sap.com and FU2_800_METADATA with url http://erp.esworkplace.sap.com/sap/bc/srt/wsil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi to all of you,

I hope you didn't miss the configuration of the proxy settings for your WebServiceProxies:

1. Go to Visual Admin.

2. Go to Server->Services->Web Services Container->Settings (on the bottom tabs)

3. Set the proxy settings (if you have such).

Restart the WS connector by:

1.Go to Connector Container->sap.com/com.sap.portal.connectors.ws

2. Stop and start the connector (using the stop and start buttons on the top toolbar).

If this still doesn't work, I'd set the WS connector's log level to "ALL" and recreate the problem. The traces are very good and can give you some idea why the connection is broken.

Regards,

Natty

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please let me know if this error is resolved. I am getting the same error.

Regards

Aruna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aruna

Did you follow any alternative approach to solve this issue ?

if yes, can you please post it here ?

It ll b of great help to us.

Regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We re-installed the whole thing, and now it works...

I must say that I really don't know why, but our first attempt seems to be positive.

If I find the reason why, I'll keep this thread updated !

Thank you for your help.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hey Thomas & Eric,

I have discovered the same problem as I tried to consume Enterprise Services of the esworkplace System within the DiscoveryServer (NW2004s).

Since Thomas fixed it by using an internal System I assume that the Proxy Settings are the Problem in order to retrieve the metadata. The Backend configuration within the Portal also produce the error, that the "http/s connection failed".

Maybe the problem ist that the esworkplace systems lie within a DMZ of the SAP network?

Does anybody have some hints for fixing the Problem?

Kind regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi Mario, I have seen this link before, but it could not help me.

Maybe my problem is different ? If I select find data with FU2_800 I can see the list of services.

But when I open the + sign of CustomerSimple-ByNameAndAddressQueryResponse I don´t see an operation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you found the solution so far ?

I have exactly the same problem (on trial version) and can't find the solution anywhere... (even in the documentation given in the previous message)

thanks

Eric

0 Kudos

Unfortunately I still have not found the solution.

So I have searched for an internal system at the company I work and found one.

Now I am using this system with the same settings and without a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer,

So this means (as I do not have another system...) that I have to go back on the solution search....

Regards