cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in entering values in Input fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing problem in entering values in Input fields in my form.

I have a form with 5 input fields associated with context.

As long as I don't enter any value in any of the fields, all fields remain enabled. As I enter a value in any of these, all others become disabled.

Please help me in figuring out what mistake I am doing.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Learner,

Now the input field can be disabled for two reasons here:

1. somehow the node is invalidating.Please check the wdDoModifyView() block carefully.

2. The property enabled is getting set to false.Now even this is possible through the method WdDoModifyView() so again check the code written in wdDoModify().Since you say that the fields are enabled starts it nullifies the chances of it bieng set to false by default.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Binding, Check properties of input fileds, Check your code, if they are invalidating before you enter, i think you are doing some wrong context binding!.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide some more details about the UI like the context structure,context attributes, change in any default UI property during design time/in any action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inputfield UI Element always bind with the Context Value attribute it is mandatory for proprty otherwise it is always disable mode only.

Remember this thing at the desing time any UI Element definition.

Thanks,

Lohi.

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the steps like this.

1)Create 5 input field UI elements

2)Create 5Context attribute and bind to each one of the input field.

3)If ur creating the 5 attribute under the node, the set the cardinality of the node to 1:1

4)Other property of input field remains the same.

Then Rebuild and deploy it.

Regards,

Vijai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need a bit more to go on before I can answere accurately.

1. What type of Dynpro UI Elements are you using (Input Fields assumed)

2. Are you also using a Label that has the labelFor field with the Input Field's ID

3. In the context what is the type of the context element you have bound your form field too (string, int, simple type, java native type,..) ?

In general if a UI Label is bound to an Input Field via the <b>labelFor</b> property and the value of that input field is null/empty as when retreiving data the label could appear gray and the field may appear disabled (light blue) as well.

Also is the context is the Input Fields value bound element of type Model Attribute or Value Atribute?

Check if you have set the <b>enabled</b> value in the properties of the Input Fields to false or read only is set to true? If you have set the <b>enabled</b> or the <b>read only</b> property of the Input field to a context variable have you set the context variable to true in the wdDoInit() method?

Regards,