cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file-xi- mail scenario with attachements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody tell me the real time use of file-xi- mail scenario with attachements ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Can anybody tell me the real time use of file-xi- mail scenario with attachements ??

yes: your application puts order data into a file and generated a PDF file with it

XI takes both and send order file in mail and PDF in mail attachment

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

u use attachments basically to send the data which might be a bit hard to send in XML format,suppose u have to dynamically send some business documents e.g Functional specificatios etc.and u want to dynamically (or even statically) define the receivers,then u can send this .doc file as an attachment to the receiver

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed !

Thanks for your reply ! Just I am curious to know.............what ever the business requirement that you gave as a example.......is it worth to send the documents through XI mail adapter scenario rather than through a simple company mail box ?? Just I want to know the business requirement where it demands only the file-xi-mail adapter scenario and other alternatives won't work for that.

thanks

kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Palnati,

If you want to send the Invoices in the excel sheet (if it is your requirement) then you will send this excel sheet as an attachement in the mail.

---Satish