cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_XITOOL fails to deploy SP20

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using SDM to deploy the SAP_XITOOL for SP20 and I am getting the following error message. Anyone know what setting I need to change. All of the other packages have deployed successfully.

===========================================================================

Deployment started Tue May 22 13:38:48 EDT 2007

===========================================================================

Starting Deployment of com.sap.xi.directory

Aborted: development component 'com.sap.xi.directory'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'3.0.2020070413104633.0000', grouped by :

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot store information about application sap.com/com.sap.xi.directory in the database during update.. <b>Reason: Object value for entry "PROPS_STR_STR:ApplicationProperties" is too large. Limit is at 2,000 bytes.; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.InvalidValueException: Object value for entry "PROPS_STR_STR:ApplicationProperties" is too large. Limit is at 2,000 bytes.</b> (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment of com.sap.xi.directory finished with Error (Duration 195765 ms)

Starting Deployment of SAP_XITOOL

Aborted: software component 'SAP_XITOOL'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'1000.3.0.20.0.20070413133830':

No further description found.

Deployment of SAP_XITOOL finished with Error (Duration 1625 ms)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error is not related to this tool specifically.

Check this out,

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the problem was the order in which I was deploying SP20. Normally when I apply a service pack I do the ABAP portion followed by the Sapinst and then I used the SDM to deploy the remaining software. For some reason I forgot the SApinst portion and hence I encountered this problem. I guess I was spending too much time in the sun!!!

SD78
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would wait for a new patch level 2.

SP 20 has some bugs

e.g.: Note 1053706 - Function "if" produces wrong result in Message-Mapping

We have opened a oss message and the sap support say: wait for the new patch level.

Bye

Stefan