cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing license for an ECC 6.0 system.URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

When applying for a license key for SAP ERP 2005 on MSSQLSRV I got back an e-mail as for older releases with exception to see Attachment for License Key.

In attacment again teh same data:

SAPSYSTEM=...

HARDWARE-KEY=...

INSTNO=

BEGIN=...

EXPIRATION=...

LKEY=MIIBOgYJKoZIhvcNAQcCoIIBKzCCAScCAQExCzAJBgUrDgMCGgUAMAsGCSqGSIb3DQEHATGCAQYwggECAgEBMFgwUjELMAkGA1UEBhMCREUxHDAaBgNVBAoTE215U0FQLmNvbSBXb3JrcGxhY2UxJTAjBgNVBAMTHG15U0FQLmNvbSBXb3JrcGxhY2UgQ0EgKGRzYSkCAgGhMAkGBSsOAwIaBQCgXTAYBgkqhkiG9w0BCQMxCwYJKoZIhvcNAQcBMBwGCSqGSIb3DQEJBTEPFw0wNzA1MjIwNTQ1MjlaMCMGCSqGSIb3DQEJBDEWBBR9a0J4TbkCcNvAUtULUhDbmr7LjAJBgcqhkjOOAQDBC4wLAIUb7TTIgXbqDzoK/0jC6Of8kYCKKkCFEVt3b0Ua/TFgF0RI0KyEAswrQc

SWPRODUCTNAME...

SWPRODUCTLIMIT...

SYSTEM-NR...

How to enter such a long license key?

In transaction "slicense" I have only 24 characters for license key.

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Install the permanent license key as follows:</b>

You are in the initial screen of transaction SLICENSE.

Choose "New Licenses" to enter the license management of the digitally signed license keys.

Choose "Install".

In the dialog box that is displayed, specify the file to be loaded from the file system.

Specify and confirm the license key file.

You receive a success message that you must confirm. The new license is displayed under "Installed Licenses".

Note 870871 - License key installation

Thanks,

Tanuj.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for a script or a method to install a new ECC6 SAP license (digitally type License).

As far as I know we can't used now saplicense -install but only SLICENSE.

I need it , because all our Refresh is done automatically by script.

Thanks in advanced

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does this mean that it is not possible any more to install the license automatically thru a script at OS level, after a system copy for example ?

Thank you

Best regards,

Jérôme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, we cannot install Digital license thru script at OS level. You have to login with SAP* which does not check for license and apply the license

Thanks.

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your machine is based on ABAP stack. The license you are trying to install is not right.

You should apply the ABAP license. LKEY should be 24 character only. The one you have seems to a java license.

the steps of app,lying license are :

1) using trabsaction Slicense.

2) using the command prompt.

You can use either of the two.

To get the hardware key slicense -get cdan be used.

rest others have already mentioned.

regards and reward with suitable points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mantosh,

This is not correct. Firstly, ECC 6 can also include a Java Stack and is not necessarily just an ABAP Stack.

Regardless of this, as it is a Basis 700 system the license is a digital license and will be much longer than 24 characters.

Please review my explanation above, this information is correct. I support license installations for SAP so i should know

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for the update.

Only thing i want to add with my experience is that when ever i used to apply the license for the single JAVA stack, the license i was having used to have a very long LKEY.

With respect to the double stack we need to apply license only from the ABAP side. While generating those licenses we used to select STANDARD instead of J2EE_ENGINE( which is for Java related license.) The license i was applying had only 24 characters LKEY.

Whenever i used to apply the java license for the Double stack it used to fail.

All this i faced for the NW04 and NW04s systems.

Kindly currect me if my understanding is wrong. But this is what i have been doing and i haven't faced any issues. all the licenses are permanent and are still working fine for me.

regards and once again thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mantosh,

You are correct, the licenses for standalone Java Systems were always much longer that a 24 character key, they have always been a digital license.

For a double stack system there is no need to license that Java Stack separately, the system could be completely licensed in the ABAP side using license key type standard. Trying to apply a license type J2EE in the ABAP side will always fail, these can only be applied in the Visual Administrator.

I think you are assuming that any license longer that 24 characters is for an J2EE only system, this is not that case anymore since Basis 700. From Basis 7 all licenses are longer than 24 characters. Double Stack, or even standalone ABAP will always be installed via Slicense using the New License option as this is the only way to install a digital license.

This is applicable to NW04s systems and any release based on NW04s. This is not applicable to NW04 or NW04 SR1.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well this post is still marked unanswered... so ill just elaborate the answers given by all..

u got that email with an attachment as said by u above..

just save that attachment to a convinient location..

(forget all that about digital license and all..)

i think people have argued that point out ..

just to add to that . as of now.. ecc6.0 nw 2004s.. (which is now called nw 7.0)

digital license are the thing.

so to tcode SLICENSE

in the sap license administration screen u see ur current and past license....

click on "New Licenses"

then install...

choose that file u saved (from the email .. it will be a .txt file.. <sapsid>_webas.txt say like IDE_WEBAS.txt)

and click ok

now ur new license will be installed..

status of ur license will be visible in the windows..

hope.. this help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tina,

ECC 6 is a Basis 700 system. As of Basis 700 SAP are issuing digitally encrypted license keys. This means that they are much longer that the traditional 24 character ABAP Licenses.

As Tanuj correctly stated, you need to use the transaction Slicense to install this license. The older command line options for previous releases will not work

saplicense -install

saplicense -show

The saplicense -get option is still valid however.

Within Slicense you need to select the New License Button at the top of the screen which will take you to an updated Slicense transaction where you can browse to the file and install the license. The license will show as green once it is installed.

If the temp license on the system as already expired you will only be able to logon using the sap* user to install the license.

Regards,

David

P.S. Please reward points if this answer is helpful.