cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete request , which is already released?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

The request is already released, i want to delete it now.( DEV system)

When i select , click delete , it is saying...

"it says request contains protected objects.

protection cannot be removed because they are already released"

what to do now? How to do ?

Plz. explain clearly....

Points are waiting....

Thank you....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not clear why you want to delete the request...?

If you want to continue development on the objects in another request then all of the tasks and finally the existing top level request need to be released. Once that happens any locks/protection on the objects should be freed and you can continue with development on those objects in DEV.

I'm assuming that you don't want to import the request into the next system in the transport route, in which case use STMS to delete the 'bad' request from the import buffer/queue of the target system in case it gets imported by accident.

If you are trying to undo the changes that have been made to the objects in the existing request then I don't believe that deleting the request will not do that. You will have to use the object versioning to go back to a 'good' version. I'm assuming here that we are talking about a workbench request and not customising.

If this doesn't answer the question then please supply more details about the problem and environment.

Thanks, George M-A

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MSR,

You can not delete a transport request if it is released. You can also not delete it even if one of its tasks is released.

Regards.

Ruchit.