cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete translation worklist for elements in VC popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy guys,

I've successfully managed to translate my VC application into various languages BUT only for the main part of the application. The applications consists also of two popups and exactly the elements contained in the popups are not shown in the translation worklist in the portal.

Does anyone of you know or has any hints how to translate elements of popups?

Regards

sascha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

This problem is fixed on SP12.

Regards,

Natty

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy guys,

I still can't find the pop up parameter in my Translation worklist although I'm on SP12. Any suggestion?

Regards

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sascha,

Translating a model with popup can be done using the portal. All you need to do is to create an iView using the portal wizard and find your popup iView when looking for a portal content.

Add the popup to the translation worklist, re-generate the translation worklist and you will be able to translate it.

Regards,

Shay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

did you check this WIKI entry:

<a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/tTypesforTranslation-function">https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/tTypesforTranslation-function</a>

Maybe you must use the translation function.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Yes I did.

The more or less funny thing is, that the application is using a table in the "main view" and a table in the popup "window". For both column header I am using TRANSLATE('sometext','XCOL').

And in the translation worklist of the portal there is only the main iView visible (that's the one i've attached to the worklist). And so the worklist contains only the translation stuff for the table columns within the the main view... not for the table in the popup...

Very strange....

Kind Regards

sascha

former_member4251
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

I'd recommend you to report this to SAP Support via SAP Service Marketplace Message,

You can use the component EP-VC

Best Regards,

Luis