cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map the Output of Two BLT's to an iGrid?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can i map the the output of two BLT's to one iGrid. Is it possible??

Thanks,

Sushma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to joining the two results, if you have an output document with 2 rowsets, you can tell the applet which rowset to use dynamically. I'm not sure if you want to show both results at the same time or toggle between two.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you already consider writing a third transaction that joins the two outputs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

I wanted to know apart from writing a 3rd transaction, is it possible using iGrid??

Thanks,

Sushma.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The iGrid, as well as all of the applets, can only be fed by the results of a <b>single</b> query template. Since an XacuteQuery template may only call <b>one</b> transaction, then there would be no way to have the iGrid call your two current BLS transactions. An AggregateQuery calling two XacuteQuery templates that point to each of your transactions would work only if the two datasets were the same shape (meaning that the document columns from each trx were identical), but I would encourage you to create an additional transaction that calls your current two. This way you can use each one independently as well as together, providing you with the benefits of reusability. The iGrid will be able to merge two separate Rowset documents together if they are the same, sort of like how a union works with a relational database query.

Regards,

Jeremy Good