Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web AS 6.0 Sneak Preview stops

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing sap was 6.0 sneak preview, I could able to pass through

1.J2EE Engine Installation 2. SAP System Installation and when i am in the middle of MaxDB Client Software installation for J2ee Engine (post processing) I see the message the server is running and nothing happens after the following log

INFO 2005-05-24 06:34:59

Copying file C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/j2ee-sneak-preview/install/keydb.xml to: q0w9e9r8t7.1.xml.

INFO 2005-05-24 06:34:59

Copying file C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/j2ee-sneak-preview/install/keydb.xml to: q0w9e9r8t7.1.xml.

PHASE 2005-05-24 06:35:00

Prepare the installation program.

INFO 2005-05-24 06:35:01

Installation start: Tuesday, 24 May 2005, 06:34:59; installation directory: C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\j2ee-sneak-preview\install; product to be installed: Sneak Preview Edition of SAP Web Application Server Java 6.40> Install SAP Web Application Server Java 6.40

INFO 2005-05-24 06:35:03

Copying file C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/j2ee-sneak-preview/install/keydb.xml to: C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/j2ee-sneak-preview/install/keydb.4.xml.

Copying file C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/j2ee-sneak-preview/install/keydb.xml to: C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/j2ee-sneak-preview/install/keydb.4.xml.

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\j2ee-sneak-preview\install\keydb.4.xml.

Please help, I need to get this going.

Radha Datla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give me the exact version of WAS that you are installing.

Can you try this also.

Stop the installation and restart the installation.

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I dont know what version here is the name

SAPins_SP_WAS640.exe i was trying to install from service.sap.com.

I tried to install 4 times like from where the system left each iteration it keeps on appending

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\j2ee-sneak-preview\install\<b>keydb.4.xml</b>. keydb.1.xml, keydb.2.xml so forth until keydb.4.xml.

Radha Datla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Download from sdn.sap.com and install.

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha

The unistall will leave some file which you cannot delete it at once ,So after you unistall MaxDB and all SAP registry entries,Please restart your PC and then you could delet all the folders,also delete the entries in "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir".Remove the users like [SID]admin and SAPService[SID].

The Sap Unistaller should do this but ,

I hope I have not missed any more steps

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha,

The version what you are trying to install is WAS6.4 the latest one,please visit http://service.sap.com/downlods you have to have UserID and password or you can also get from http://help.sap.com/ in service market place you will get notes and plenty of info related to installation.

start downloding from service market place. I hope this time it will be through..

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RamaKrishna,

I finally got the installation thru on my home machine which is XP and finally brought the sap netweaver developer studio with out any hurdle. I downloaded the one from service.sap.com under my company's account. Now its time to learn new stuff. Thanks again

Hi Sai,

Thanks for all your inputs. I tried all the possibilities on windows 2000 but i was unlucky. At the end of the day I finally got installed. Thanks again.

Thanks for all of you.

Radha Datla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha

Are you Installing it on Windows XP

If it is XP then you will be facing the problem I also faced it.

I was not able to find what could be the problem.and it is really frustrating.

Okay here goes the solution

There was no solution for this but when I Used the "SAP WAS SP9 version " on WINDOWS 2000 Server I got it installed succesfully

here is the URL for the SP9 version

" https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/downloads.sdn?page=webas640_sp9_maxdb_download.htm";

also I looged in as "Administartor/[your password]/Local computer"

Please tell me if it solved your problem,I will post a question to the SAP guys

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I am installing on windows 2000 sp4 and not on XP, As you said I am in the process of downloading the zip file.

Now should I have to leave the previous half finished installation as it is and start a fresh new installation, please advice how to proceed.

Thanks again for your quick response.

Radha Datla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha

Please unistall all the prvious version,

make sure you get the registry also clean with all the SAP entries.

You need to unistall the MAXDB from the "add and remove programs"

Keep your PC outside the domain,Login as Administrator/[password]/Local computer.You must give all privileges to this user

Now start the installation and follow these steps at

"https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/unkown/quick Installation Guide for SAP NetWeaver EP on MaxDB, Developer Edition Sneak Preview.htm#webas"

For some reasons above link is not working send me your mail id where I can send the file.

Sai